does anybody know if there is a cheaper way

ourfamilylovescruising

Have you looked into airfare to Fairbanks? From there, they can take the (very scenic) train to Anchorage... Or they could piece together another flight from Fairbanks to Anchorage.

We booked this years cruise two weeks ago. Flights home from Anchorage weren't a possibility, but we had lots of choices from Fairbanks.

I tried every possible way to get from Portland, Seattle or Vancouver to Anchorage and best I found was $267.00 one way via Alaska air. After I paid the air I had to pay for a Hotel room in Anchorage and train to Seward to get on ship. With expenses, the cost to get from Portland to the ship is almost the same as the 7 night cruise. Next time I will allow more time and take a back to back cruise out of Seattle or Vancouver and one back to Seattle or Vancouver. If they have time look at the last minute prices on cruises out of Seattle and Vancouver to Seward or Whitter.

Also, when they are pricing tickets, make sure they are pricing "MULTI CITY" options on the airline websites. You have three choices for pricing: one way, round trip and multi-city. Make sure they are selecting "multi-city."

we are going on our first alaska cruise and we already have our plane tickets but friends would like to go but flights to Anc are priced high, so they want to fly to settle and find a way to Anc or seward so I thought I would ask the experts. I hope there is someone out there to help.

When we went last year I priced flights TO Vancouver with return FROM Anchorage. I found that, for $200 more I could fly R/T Vancouver, and take a 7-day cruise back from Seward to Vancouver! That's less than $30/day!

we are going on our first alaska cruise and we already have our plane tickets but friends would like to go but flights to Anc are priced high, so they want to fly to settle and find a way to Anc or seward so I thought I would ask the experts. I hope there is someone out there to help.

Do a back to back cruise, RT from Vancouver. The 2nd cruise is probably cheaper than the airfare. And for Vancouver you can fly into Seattle and save even more

We just got back last week. We shuttled from Vancouver to Seattle and saved nearly $300 per person. We had a great shuttle but not sure if I am allowed to name them. It was about 50pp for our group of 21.

We just got back last week. We shuttled from Vancouver to Seattle and saved nearly $300 per person. We had a great shuttle but not sure if I am allowed to name them. It was about 50pp for our group of 21.

Yes, you can name them.

Archived