Upgrade advise

mrdrdoso

we booked our trip for next may an inside cabin and right now it has a $199 third person cost, I want to upgrade to a balcony, but I was going to wait to december due to I usually get a nice christmas bonus, but with the economy being the way it is I really don't know if I will get one this year.

So now that you have my story my question is If I upgrade then will the third person discount still be valid for the special price or should I move it to a balcony now and if I don't get bonus downgrade to inside? But then the same question imposes will I have to pay more for the third person? Any advise or experience would be very helpful. I hope my question wasn't too confusing but I would really appreciate your help.

It is not clear if the balcony is also on sale currently? if you book it now at whatever rate it is and there is a 3rd person special. then you attempt to dowgrade later, you may in fact lose the 3rd person price, but you could also keep an eye out for another 3rd person sale and even sales on the balcony, if it went down after you book it you can call and see if you can get the difference. be sure to ask if it would affect the 3rd person rate if you did so though.

I say attempt to downgrade because some cruiselines will not allow you to downgrade. you can upgrade or you can cancel but sometimes you cannot downgrade.

Prices go up and down. You did not mention the ship and where you are sailing from. That "might" make a small difference, at least from past experience.

You just never know where the prices will be. If there is a sale, I would tend to book it sooner. If the rates go up, they will NOT raise your rates. If they go down, there is a good chance you will get a break. Never 100% sure, but possible.

Once you make the FINAL PAYMENT, the rate is pretty much locked in. Up until then, go for it!

Prices go up and down. You did not mention the ship and where you are sailing from. That "might" make a small difference, at least from past experience.

You just never know where the prices will be. If there is a sale, I would tend to book it sooner. If the rates go up, they will NOT raise your rates. If they go down, there is a good chance you will get a break. Never 100% sure, but possible.

Once you make the FINAL PAYMENT, the rate is pretty much locked in. Up until then, go for it!

Its on the jewel for may 29th, we did get a really good deal right now. My dd cannot sleep on the pullman which I cannot blame her, and my ta stated there isn't any sofabeds except in balconys.

Its on the jewel for may 29th, we did get a really good deal right now. My dd cannot sleep on the pullman which I cannot blame her, and my ta stated there isn't any sofabeds except in balconys.

wow I just went on the ncl site and the price went up 700 since I booked yesterday. So I guess I will leave things alone and just watch for specials.

wow I just went on the ncl site and the price went up 700 since I booked yesterday. So I guess I will leave things alone and just watch for specials.

Good idea.. lol

Since your final payment is waaaaaay off, continue to check the fares and have them adjusted. As long as you're outside final payment, changes can be made if there are no restrictions.

Also, keep an eye out for "onboard credit" promotions. Many times, they apply to everyone and not just new bookings.

Way to stay on top of your ressie!

I don't know about the Jewel but on the Spirit and on the Dawn the sofa beds are not like the ones in your living room. They are not very comfortable and the pullman might be more comfortable than the sofa beds. DS was able to sleep on one but then again, I think he could probably sleep on a slab of concrete.

Archived