What is the "chef's table"?

lkmamom

How do I find out if the Coral Princess offers this? It sounds like "to die for"!!!!! Thanks! Nancie

You can't prebook it before the cruise. When you get on board call the dineline and inquire about it. If they have it make the reservation.

For those of you that have recently done it on an Alaskan Cruise can you give me an idea of what was served? Also the $75 includes wine, but my hubby can't drink wine (it triggers his migraines) if there either a non-alcoholic cost or can he substitute another type of drink?

My hubby and I did chefs table last week on the CB, absolutely worth every penny. treated like royalty, ladies get a rose, men a cookery book, wine is flowing, food amazing, also get two photo's of the event. If you decide to do it, ring up the dining line straight away when you board and ask to go on the list. only 24 people out of 3,100 got to do 'the table'

enjoy

For those of you that have recently done it on an Alaskan Cruise can you give me an idea of what was served? Also the $75 includes wine, but my hubby can't drink wine (it triggers his migraines) if there either a non-alcoholic cost or can he substitute another type of drink?

We just did the Chef's Table 2 weeks ago on the Golden in Alaska. As far as a non-alcoholic price, I don't believe there is one available. However, the staff was extremely accomadating, filling special requests for vegetables and even the main course. Most of these issues, as well as beverage preferences, can and should be discussed at your meeting with the Maitre'd and Head Waiter a day or two prior to the dinner. All special requests I heard were quickly and graciously granted.

In the galley we were served four small appetizers: a blue-crab martini, foie-gras, potato and caviar, and a small quiche (all accompanied by unlimited champagne)

In the dining room, we had risotto and a sorbet intermezzo, before the Executive Chef prepared a Veal Shank, doused in cognac and lit on fire in the dining room. Dinner was followed by roasted camembert, honey and walnut bread, and then a beautifully presented dessert.

We had a great time and cannot wait to do it again--hopefully on our upcoming cruise this October! :D

Folks, An Idea of what we got through on the Sea Princess

Glass of bubbly

Foie Gras Terrine in A baked Brioche Blanket

Creviche ofRed snapper with Lime Tomatoes and Peppers

Another Glass

King Crab Crisp with Melted Grovyere

Tiny Vol au Vewnt with Escargot in Red Wine and Garlic

Another Glass

Pasta Boscaiola with Porcinni Mushrooms and Fresh Tomato

Strawberry and Green Peppercorn Sorbet

Did I Say White Wine

Double Impact Surf and Turf

Lobbster Tails, Diver Scallops Beef Fillet Migons and Lamb Rib Chops

(As in as much as you can eat)

Sauce Fogit Sauce Vert Lemon Butter Rosemary Jus

Fresh Market Vegatables

Creamy Mashed Potates

A Bottle of White a bottle of Red

Roasted Pear with Gorgonzola Balsamic Vinger and Black Pepper Sabayon

Sweet Wine

Salzburger Rockerlin Raspberry Coulis

Some Wine

Coffee Home Made Friandises

yours Shogun

Was at the chef's table on the Star last week. The only meal comprable to that was a wine tasting meal in Calistoga many years ago. There are rules, no open shoes, can't be sick, must have clean clothing (:))....Started out with Piper Heidsieck champagne and an assortment of hot and cold appitizers, including roasted potatoes with caviar, cheese tartlets and the best beef Tartar that I have ever put in my mouth....Had 3 glasses of champagne and there was plenty left. Then on to the dining room and course after course of wonderful foods all paired with specially chosen wines that complimented the dishes. The main course was a platter of roasted lamb racks, filets, scallops, lobsters, and prawns. Oh yeh, and then there were the vegetables......and then the deserts...OMG....Now I have a daughter who is a pastry chef so I am not to impressed with "pretty"...This was the most phenomenal desert creation I have ever seen....A plate of spun sugar with the desert...a small portion of a semifreddo....in which were place spun sugar designs...it was spectacular. Then the pics, the cookbook, the roses for the women...it was a wonderful evening that lasted over 3 hrs.....I would do it again in a heartbeat.....

Ok is there an age limit? Would this be appropriate for a 16 yr old and 20 yr old! It sounds amazing to me, but we will have the kiddies along and I really do think that they would enjoy it.

On the Coral on the 20th of July.

Thanks,

Archived