Forget the bedspreads, do they EVER clean the tv remote

flagger

I always buy acetalyne, it's much cheaper and goes alot further than Lysol. As soon as I get to our cabin - I fire up the 'ol blow torch:D The bedspread, phone, T.V. remote, doorhandles, and water faucets don't work very well after I'm through - but we don't have to worry about those pesky, nasty GERMS either ;)

A little clarification: Overuse of antibiotics/antibacterials (oral and topical) does indeed create "super" bugs--they can mutate into a drug-resistant form. They are causing tremendous problems in hospitals when medical personnel use every treatment we have and still can't get an infection uner control. It's also true that for the most part it's good for children to be exposed to various things to help develop their immune systems.

Soooo...If your doctor prescribes antibiotics, take every single one--no exceptions. If you have a cold, DO NOT pester your doctor for antibiotics; they won't help and can help those "super" bugs develop. If you are travelling, don't insist that the doctor prescribe antibiotics "just in case" (unless you have problems with a compromised immune system) because if you aren't a doctor, how do you know what you've got is bacterial?

As for alcohol gel/wipes, they can't contribute to the mutation and formation of drug-resistant bugs. A germ is either killed by alcohol or it isn't.

beachchick

nrdsb4

women play football?

Well, I am sure there are some women who play football, as well as futbol. Soccer is big in Texas thanks to a young lady named Mia Hamm who didn't make too big of a fool of herself in her day.

A little bird once told me that the passengers who plan on tipping their cabin steward get their remote control cleaned.

They also receive a complimentary 7 day supply of sterile latex gloves, masks, and antibiotic cleanser that clips to your belt buckle.

Well, I am sure there are some women who play football, as well as futbol. Soccer is big in Texas thanks to a young lady named Mia Hamm who didn't make too big of a fool of herself in her day.

futbol? trixie the correct and full title is association football a small gift to the rest of the world from the uk.and i know women do play but with perhaps a few exceptions, badly.:rolleyes:

futbol? trixie the correct and full title is association football a small gift to the rest of the world from the uk.and i know women do play but with perhaps a few exceptions, badly.:rolleyes:

Well, Biff, get used to the idea of women playing "association football" badly because it is catching on like wildfire amoung girls as well as boys in Texas and most other states. Your chauvinistic opinions are really meaningless in this regard and soccer is here to stay. In fact, where we live, it has overtaken almost all of the other sports traditionally popular with girls. I'm glad to see it because it is a great sport which requires the girls to be fit, healthy, and strong. And that just can't be a bad thing.

Incidentally, my daughter's coach is from the UK and he loves coaching girls, his daughters among them. It's good to know that you are not representative of the British.

Now back to cruising...

unfortunately ndrsb4 i am typical of the attitude in the uk as i am sure your coach friend will tell you.i have no problem with girls playing sport even soccer but dont pretend they are as good as male players they simply are not, as most of the girls that play in the uk will tell you.there are physical limitations on women.A shot from 35 yards by a woman was recently compared with a similar strike by a male, the womans strike at goal was measured at 17 mph the male at 75 mph.This on a popular tv show called soccer am.As long as the most famous player in america is a woman,and there are no female soccer stars that I am aware of outside the usa then football will always be american football in the states not association. now lets get back to cruising.:p

I know this doesn't pertain to cruising but we were on vacation in South Carolina visiting my mom. The hotel we stayed at was a major chain.Upon checking out our room I pulled back the covers and there was hair all over it,I'm not talking about a little hair I mean it was like the last guy was shaving or trimming something while in bed.Needless to say we checked out right away.

I am not a germophobe but that was just too much.

Opus,

You are no germophobe. Believe you me, if I saw a hair carpet on sheets after I pulled back the covers, I would be outta there in moments. Some things you must endure, but that's just not even remotely close to being one of them!!!

I'm a nurse and not much grosses me out, but that is just repulsive...

Let's hope we receive better from the cruiselines...

Archived