When did UK start Military Rates?

Found this on RCCL UK website-

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR UK MILITARY RATES

MOD personnel must call into Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises direct on the following numbers to access the offers:

Royal Caribbean International – 0844 493 4049

Celebrity Cruises – 0844 493 2039

The discounts and benefits provided in the Defence Discount Directory and web site are aimed at the Defence Community in its widest sense. Regulars, Reserves, Veterans, Cadets, MOD Civil Servants and families. All guests must supply RCCL and take with them to the port a certificate of eligibility which can be downloaded from the home page of the Forces website. This must be signed by a senior officer. Embarkation will be denied without this form or an additional fare added and must be paid for prior to embarkation.

• Rates are not combinable with any other offer – e.g Early Booking Offer or any Onboard Credit Offer
  • Rates are only applicable to physical staterooms – not guarantee staterooms and are not applicable to Captains Club Upgrades
  • All rates are nett – non commissionable
  • Rates are subject to close / change at any time
  • Proof of Military status to be sent to RCCL and held on file for audit purposes.
  • Guests will need to take military ID with them to the pier, and may be asked to show this on check in
  • A stateroom must have a military member in to qualify for this rate, additional staterooms must be booked at the prevailing rate available at the time of booking
  • Rates are not available on Xmas / New Year / Easter or Holiday Sailings

Excellent news! I'll have to ring them as soon as I get home to see if I can get a discount on my current bookings, although they may say 'no' as I got OBC and a discount to start with. But its something to remember for future bookings.:) Its about time we got the same treatment as our US colleagues.

Although I cant use it, I am very pleased that RCCL UK are able to do this now.

I remember asking about it on the Liberty Pre-Inaugural only to be told it couldnt be done due to different cultures,different rules.

Well done RCCL UK :D

Nice one !

Now what about law enforcement discount, anything on there about that yet?

Ed:)

And what about the over 55s discount that applies to US cruisers but not UK. But wait a mo - surely that would apply to the majority of cruisers?

And what about the over 55s discount that applies to US cruisers but not UK. But wait a mo - surely that would apply to the majority of cruisers?

Speak for yourself lol lol

jj...

Yes, RCCL is supposed to be the nation of why nots - so why not the over 55 discount? ROTFL

When we see the over 55 s discount we ring RCCL and have had a refund every time.

Sorry Ed..no mention of law enforcement discount :(

I emailed them over 3 weeks ago to ask about law enforcement/fire service discounts in the UK....not had an answer yet :(

It would be very nice if UK over 55s/law enforcement/emergency services were treated the same way by RCCL as their UK equivalents......

Archived