Few Qs re MSC Opera - facts not opinions!

Gelbel

A girl and her hair dryer cannot easily be parted. What are the cabin hair dryers like? Good - i.e. I can leave mine at home and I will not suffer a bad hair day everyday or poor - i.e. pack mine and never mind about the additional kgs and look like a goddess every night?

Quality of the provided shower gel?

Any other bathroom goodies provided?

Sockets - will I need my 2-pin European adapter?

Tip for 1st timers - I take a small 3 or 4-gang extension. You can guarantee the mobile, iPOD & camera will need charging at the same time.

Thanks in advance AmoMondo! ;)

A girl and her hair dryer cannot easily be parted. What are the cabin hair dryers like? Good - i.e. I can leave mine at home and I will not suffer a bad hair day everyday or poor - i.e. pack mine and never mind about the additional kgs and look like a goddess every night?

In categories 1-10 they are the horrendous wall mounted things with the house that take for ever and a day to dry your hair but you look like you've been dragged through a bush bacwards - so definitley bring your own. If you are in a cat11 (suite) - then no problems - it is a normal hairdryer that you plug into whichever socket you want (i always used the dressing table)

Quality of the provided shower gel?

i usually use my own but have used theirs on the odd occasion. It is bath foam/showergel.and comes in the little mini bottles (no idea who makes it for them).

Any other bathroom goodies provided?

not many others - little bottles of shampoo and tiny little bars of soap - and the free disposable shower caps. Although all tiny ones, they replenish as you use them but I prefer to bring mo own brands. (differnt brands of shampoo can wreck havoc with the hair!)

Sockets - will I need my 2-pin European adapter?

Tip for 1st timers - I take a small 3 or 4-gang extension. You can guarantee the mobile, iPOD & camera will need charging at the same time.

They have 2 sets of Us style sockets and 2 European type sockets on the front of the dressing table. There are probably others dotted around the cabin, where they plug in lamps, TV etc but I always just used those ones

Thanks in advance AmoMondo! ;)

You are welcome GelBel! Answers above! Which cruise are you going on?

Thanks AmoMondo.

So - just to check - are there Euro 2 pin and US 2 pin sockets?

I'd never use provided shampoo - shower gel yes; but the mini bottles are never enough I find. Oh well - even more in the case!

I could not get the countdown here to work - we are taking the Venice/Eastern Med/Black Sea 12 nighter on 4 October. Only a category 7 - so long as I can see out I won't pay more for my cabin. I prefer upgraded flights.

Actually, one more Q. If we ask for the beds to be set up as a double - will one side be a 'fixed' single against a wall or will we be able to get in both sides?

Thanks AmoMondo.

So - just to check - are there Euro 2 pin and US 2 pin sockets?

Actually, one more Q. If we ask for the beds to be set up as a double - will one side be a 'fixed' single against a wall or will we be able to get in both sides?

yes they are 2 pin sockets. When the bed is configured to a double, neither side is up against a wall. There will be space to walk around both sides, with a bedside cabin on either side and a bedlight.

I was actually considering that trip as it's the first time they've done that itinerary but then I got tempted with the new route to S Africa and a ship I've not been on before!

Archived