Has anyone stayed in the Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore, please?

Goldryder

I have just booked a one night pre-cruise at this hotel before I board Costa Allegra next April on her homeward repositioning voyage to Italy.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there or know of the hotel, please, who might be able to give some insight as to what to expect.

Thank you :)

http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Destinations/Singapore/Swissotel%20Merchant%20Court/Hotel%20Home/Hotel%20Description

Thank you :)

I am sailing for 40 nights and decided that a night in a hotel would be good beforehand just to recover from the flight. The hotel website certainly looks nice, but always good to hear from those who have actually stayed there :)

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Sumatra, Indonesia and frequently travel to Singapore for a taste of civilization. I haven't stayed at the Swisshotel Merchant Court but stopped in recently to ask directions to a Mexican restaurant on Clarke Quay (we were missing Texas!). The hotel looked very nice inside and the staff was helpful - even though we weren't staying there. It's a convenient location near restaurants and walking distance to Chinatown, too. I usually stay near Orchard Road but might try the Swissotel next time. Have fun in Singapore!

Well, Costa have decided to change the plans on my stay in Singapore as of a couple of days ago due to non availability of rooms at the Merchant Court. So I am now staying at the Marina Mandarin on Raffles Boulevard instead. Looks just as nice as the Merchant, slightly more expensive than Merchant Court but should be as good an experience.

I believe the Marina Mandarin is where Paul Merton stayed in 2007 when he did his tour of China and he commented that the atrium is 21 storeys high which caused a problem since he suffers from vertigo and he was on the 21st floor....so could be quite an interesting hotel to stay in for the night.

:o

Well, Costa have decided to change the plans on my stay in Singapore as of a couple of days ago due to non availability of rooms at the Merchant Court. So I am now staying at the Marina Mandarin on Raffles Boulevard instead. Looks just as nice as the Merchant, slightly more expensive than Merchant Court but should be as good an experience.

I believe the Marina Mandarin is where Paul Merton stayed in 2007 when he did his tour of China and he commented that the atrium is 21 storeys high which caused a problem since he suffers from vertigo and he was on the 21st floor....so could be quite an interesting hotel to stay in for the night.

:o

Have you checked out www.tripadvisor.com? It is full of reviews from past travellers and ratings for hotels in Singapore, or for aynwhere else. In Dec 2005, we stayed at Pan Pacific, very close to the Mandarin. We will be visiting Singapore this Dec 2005 again and will probably choose Pan Pacific again.

Have you checked out www.tripadvisor.com? It is full of reviews from past travellers and ratings for hotels in Singapore, or for aynwhere else. In Dec 2005, we stayed at Pan Pacific, very close to the Mandarin. We will be visiting Singapore this Dec 2005 again and will probably choose Pan Pacific again.

I have to be honest and say that I take review site's with a pinch of salt most of the time, hence why it is nice to get as many views & opinions as possible from a variety of sources :)

I am at the mercy of the cruise line when it comes to flights and hotels, but am confident that everything will be absolutely fine when I am out in Singapore next year....the one thing that can never be guaranteed is the weather, but I shall take every day as it comes and just enjoy the experience :)

• 3 weeks later...
We live in Sumatra, Indonesia and frequently travel to Singapore for a taste of civilization. I haven't stayed at the Swisshotel Merchant Court but stopped in recently to ask directions to a Mexican restaurant on Clarke Quay (we were missing Texas!). The hotel looked very nice inside and the staff was helpful - even though we weren't staying there. It's a convenient location near restaurants and walking distance to Chinatown, too. I usually stay near Orchard Road but might try the Swissotel next time. Have fun in Singapore!

Hello,

How far is the port to the airport? Price on cab fare? Any recommendation on an airport hotel in Singapore? I am travelling with mom and dad with walkers and wheelchair. We need to stay overnight to catch a flight back to canada.

We stayed there one night pre-cruise this April.

Room was a little small, but not too bad. Definitely clean. Very friendly front desk staff. Can't remember the cost of internet access in the business centre, but it was expensive! Nice large gift shop. Good breakfast. Security is good - you need to use your room key to access the elevators.

We took a cab to Raffles to have a Singapore Sling, and the ride cost about $10 US. Then we took a cab to Hard Rock Cafe to get a t-shirt (because we collect them) and the cab ride back to the hotel was again about $10 US. They have a transportation system but we didn't venture to use it because we arrived late at the hotel (almost 10pm).

Not sure if we stayed long enough to get the full impression of the hotel. I just looked at your picture and realized I never even went to have a look at the pool. Wish I did, it looks gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

How far is the port to the airport? Price on cab fare? Any recommendation on an airport hotel in Singapore? I am travelling with mom and dad with walkers and wheelchair. We need to stay overnight to catch a flight back to canada.

We stayed in the new Crowne Plaza Hotel at the airport recently and found it just right. Reasonably priced, friendly, clean, and convenient. You can walk directly from the hotel into Terminal 3 without going outside. There are several places to grab a quick bite to eat right there. Also have stayed many times at the Changi Village Hotel which is fine but not nearly as easy as the Crowne Plaza.

Hi Lost, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza getting off our cruise. It was a beautiful hotel and as the previous poster said, very easy to get to the terminal - just walk through a hallway. There is also a large food court in the bottom level of the airport that had all kinds of restaurants - if you are looking for cheaper than the hotel restaurant. The cab ride was around $27. CAD from pier to airport. We decided to catch the local transit to go downtown - was very easy and in English. Not sure if it would be suitable for wheelchairs on the return as it was very crowded. Cab ride downtown would be $25 - $30 depending on where you want to go.

Judi

Archived