Would people under 30 enjoy the White Pass Train?

Look2Sea

Would people under 30 enjoy 3 hour White Pass Train? (20 - 30 years old)

Any thoughts or feedback?

I am not under 30 (by a longshot), and I am sure that I would enjoy it, but I am wondering if people under 30 would find it dull, and too long to sit on a train.

I love nature and beautiful scenery, I turn 50 this year and travel w/ DH 55, DH 20.

I'd heard so many people rave about the train, but I watched some videos people posted on youtube and that showed me the train wasn't for us for a number of reasons.

We opted to rent a car and drove to Carcross on our own terms, stopping when we wanted - which was esp great when we spotted bears on the side of the road and could pull over and watch as long as we wanted. Also allowed us to book an excursion near Carcross so that we were our own group.

Here's links to our pics, sorry there's lots but they're captioned so easy to find pics from our Skagway to Carcross drive. First link is from my DD camera and pretty much just Skagway, 2nd link is mine of our trip start to finish.

I was afraid as the driver I might miss out, but I found it to be an easy drive w/ little traffic (once you get pass all the tour buses/vans), the first part out of Skagway is a bit windy and had low fog, but I grew up and learned to drive on very narrow, windy, and sometimes foggy mountain roads :)

Erika's pics, Skagway, drive to Carcross and Emerald Lake, saddle/paddle at Spirited Adventures, Erika has more pics, but I haven't had time to upload them:

http://picasaweb.google.com/defitz3/2009_05_27SkagwayToEmeraldLakeDrive?authkey=Gv1sRgCMzl8afGk7CxjgE#

Denise's pics, one album from start to finish (Seattle to Vancouver, cruise, and back)

http://picasaweb.google.com/defitz3/AlaskaMay2009RCCLSerenadeRoundtripOutOfVancouver?authkey=Gv1sRgCKDvp7uly-DG-AE#

We're in our 30's and we very much enjoyed the WP&YRR. I love to take photos and stood at the back of our car and snapped away. The scenery is breathtaking. When I got home and downloaded my photos I found one with a man hiking up a ravine that I never would've seen with my eyes.

However, I'd recommend taking a bus down rather than riding back on the train. It might be too much if you had to look at the same scenery going down that you saw coming up.

Enjoy the trip!

Would people under 30 enjoy 3 hour White Pass Train? (20 - 30 years old)

Any thoughts or feedback?

I am not under 30 (by a longshot), and I am sure that I would enjoy it, but I am wondering if people under 30 would find it dull, and too long to sit on a train.

I'm in that 20-30 range and I think if I had it to do over, I would go for the one-way train with a van or coach the other way. It's exciting on the way up, but a repeat on the way back down. A few people sitting near slept on the back to Skagway. I don't think age had anything to do with it. It was just a long ride.

My husband is 30 and I am 28, and we both loved the train. At first we thought we would hate it, but we were in the last car and were able to stand on the platform on the back. It allowed us a view with absolutely no obstruction, absolutely gorgeous.

luvcruisin80,

Did you do the 3 hour round trip train? Morning, noon, or afternoon train?

Did you book ahead of time through the ship?

Or did you wait till you got to Skagway to see what weather was like?

Guess I am wondering if this is something that can be done spontaneously.

Archived