Just came back from a barf fest on the Volendam

cruiserman79

Well, it is crummy to come on with a gazillion complaints, like you're dying or something else, and just poof! Disappear. Probably, we shall never know, eh? It was so memorable, that's all.

You betcha!:) What happened to him??? Was he able to gain any satisfaction from his ordeal? It was really something, wasn't it?

If the OP had something else to say, I'm pretty confident we'd have heard it. So other than moving this thread back to the first page, nothing has been accomplished. Other than poking the hornet's nest or stirring the pot, what's the point of starting this up again? IMHO, getting this thread back on the front page is rather like people who slow down and gawk at car accidents -- for their own entertainment or to satisfy some unusual need they have.

And I apologize to everyone for moving this thread up again.

Some of you people have great senses of humor. I love it! As for the Barf guy, perhaps he posts on Celebrity or Princess.

The poster was "Cruiserman 79" and the post which started this thread was Post# 25.

Right on Pipedreams!!!

I truly thought that this thread had been removed by the moderators. How do you resurrect a thread that has been removed? Not that I would want to---I am just curious.

Here's another for our amusement:

P.S. How do you post a picture without it becoming a thumbnail attachment?

You use an image file you've either found on the internet or saved to space that you control on the internet, and then you display in your post by using the IMG codes, NOT the attach control.

Make sure, if you're posting an image link, that you first have saved it to a website that you control ... otherwise you're stealing bandwidth from others.

Right on Pipedreams!!!

I truly thought that this thread had been removed by the moderators. How do you resurrect a thread that has been removed? Not that I would want to---I am just curious.

It hadn't been removed. I think they temporarily locked it so that it fell off the first couple of pages. That has the same effect, while not robbing people of post credit.

You use an image file you've either found on the internet or saved to space that you control on the internet, and then you display in your post by using the IMG codes, NOT the attach control.

Make sure, if you're posting an image link, that you first have saved it to a website that you control ... otherwise you're stealing bandwidth from others.

Now you have made what was a mystery to me even more mysterious. I guess I will never be able to post pictures. :(

It hadn't been removed. I think they temporarily locked it so that it fell off the first couple of pages. That has the same effect, while not robbing people of post credit.

OK---I admit I only went down a couple of pages looking for it.---Should have looked further.

Now you have made what was a mystery to me even more mysterious. I guess I will never be able to post pictures. :(

Don't feel dejected. Most people have at least a small amount of free webspace on the internet that they can use to store images for posting on a board like this. It's not hard. The images that I post I store on my own website. I then link to them from this board. For instance, the web address for the beating dead horse image I posted, above, is

http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/beatdeadhorse.gif

If you put the IMG webcodes before and after the link address, it will cause the link to DISPLAY what it is linked to rather than just the above address itself. The code looks like this:

{IMG}http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/beatdeadhorse.gif{/IMG}

Except that you use the [ and the ] symbols rather than the { and the }.

It's easy.

Recently on the TV show "Family Guy" they had the repeat of the family all barfing, and I swear it reminded me of this thread, and I pictured Cruiserman's family as he described them puking "on all surfaces". :eek:

Don't feel dejected. Most people have at least a small amount of free webspace on the internet that they can use to store images for posting on a board like this. It's not hard. The images that I post I store on my own website. I then link to them from this board. For instance, the web address for the beating dead horse image I posted, above, is

http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/beatdeadhorse.gif

If you put the IMG webcodes before and after the link address, it will cause the link to DISPLAY what it is linked to rather than just the above address itself. The code looks like this:

{IMG}http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/beatdeadhorse.gif{/IMG}

Except that you use the [ and the ] symbols rather than the { and the }.

It's easy.

Are you saying that if I were to sign up for Photobucket or a similar website, it would make it easy for me to post pictures here?

Archived