Offer for Thursday, Dec 16 new bookings- 1 to upgrades

sdl

Verbatim from today's email, except added Net page so you can cut and paste to browser window:

Here at Carnival, we believe a cruise is the ultimate gift for that special someone; even if that special someone is you. That's why, for one day only, we're giving away FREE stateroom upgrades on virtually every

cruise sailing between January 1 and December 17, 2005. Just remember

to book your cruise this Thursday. Don't miss out on our biggest sale of

the season. Click here for more!

http://carnival.bfi0.com/WBRH04614F3625E5539573F097D710

*For this offer, please request farecode CP1S. Full deposits required at time of booking. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not applicable with any other discount or promotional offer. Upgrades available in category 4A-8I. Minimum purchase category 4A. Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior; Ocean View to Ocean View; Balcony to Balcony). Upgrades limited to a 1-category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend or Carnival Miracle. Excludes all Carnival Liberty 12 & 16 day Europe sailings. Valid on new individual bookings only. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebook during this period are not eligible. Valid only on select ships and sail dates in 2005 through December 17, 2005. Excludes holiday sailings. Blackout dates apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request farecode CP1S. Ships' Registry: Panama and The Bahamas.

Thank you for allowing us to share our exciting news with you.

Exactly the same, even the code, as the "biggest sale of the year" they had several weeks ago, that turned out to be, how do I say this mildly.... crap. Only on new bookings, half the fleet is excluded from the 2 cat UG, just far too many stips with this "huge" sale... Better pricing can be had than through this "one day sale". How many "biggest sales of the year" can you have??? LOL...

Not to mention that the last one-day sale they had was the last one of the year. I guess Carnival doesn't use the same calendar as the rest of us!

LOL, it was the last BIG one of the year... I posted during that, that I would be money there would be another "holiday" sale... these big companies are so predictable :D

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the word BIG. If there weren't any deals on the "big" sale, imagine this one :D

It would not matter.... the sale is for new bookings only and states that if you cancel and rebook, you are not eligible. However, that being said... your rates are probably still better. Very few actually get what they feel is a "sale" on these sales... typically they can get better pricing without the sale...

Archived