Weird Question Re: CD on Fantasy Circa 1992

notme1955

O.k. I know this is a pretty strange question, but this is driving me crazy. I am hoping someone can help!

I can't seem to find our Capers from our very first cruise on the Fantasy back in May of 1992. I have searched everywhere. I have photos, the souveniers, even a couple of maps from the Bahamas. But no Capers.

The Cruise Director on that cruise was fabulous. He had a great personality and was a lot of fun. Does anyone know who that might have been? I'd love to find out if he's still with Carnival.

On another note, it was a lot of fun searching through the boxes of stuff I've collected from various vacations through the years. We've had a lot of fun!

How funny.. that was my first cruise too!!! It was for my high school graduation!

I will look to see if I have the capers. All my pictures were runined in a flood but the capers and cruise documents were in a plastic bag and I think I can still read them!

I'd love to see some of your pictures from that cruise.. I miss having mine!

I'll look tonight when I get home and let you know who it was!

Thank you! I'll have to go fish the pictures out from the bottom of the box and then scan them. No digital cameras back then!

Every cruise is fun, but I think the first is really special. I just remember the cruise director being very funny. Do you remember the name of the man he picked on for the entire cruise? I think it was because the man refused to do an Elvis dance, or something. Was it Bob? It was a fun cruise!

Our honeymoon cruise was on April 27, 1992 on the Fantasy. The cruise director was Steve Cassel. If they didn't switch director's between our cruise and yours, it was Steve. In August of 2008 we were on the Holiday and had Steve again. At the time my wife and I were convinced we had seen him before. After seeing your thread and going back and checking I now know it was on our honeymoon.

Our honeymoon cruise was on April 27, 1992 on the Fantasy. The cruise director was Steve Cassel. If they didn't switch director's between our cruise and yours, it was Steve. In August of 2008 we were on the Holiday and had Steve again. At the time my wife and I were convinced we had seen him before. After seeing your thread and going back and checking I now know it was on our honeymoon.

Steve Cassel is now on the Ecstasy as the CD. Risa Barnes is the CD on the Fantasy while Tori is the CD on the Holiday.

Marcelles (SP) was the CD on the Fantasy for a long time before Big Tex (Jeremy) took over when he retired.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I have searched and searched for the capers. I think they might have gotten thrown out with the flooded pictures ...:eek:!!!! I have a couple more boxes to go through.

For some reason I think our CD was named Steve... but my friend thought his name was Joe or John.. !!! :rolleyes:

We didn't go to a lot of the shows as we was only 17/18.. and my friends parents made us be in the cabin each night at 9:30!!:confused: But since they paid for the cruise and vacation, I couldn't really complain! LOL!

I would LOVE to see some pictures and you are right the first was special and got me addicted to cruising!!

(If you want to copy some of them and send them to me, I would TOTALLY PAY you for your time and effort. I would love to make a scrap book for my first cruise- I have them for all my other cruises!)

Archived