Cave tubing

Beerse

Any suggestions on cave tubing in Belize? Goung on Valor cruise and wondering about reputal companies for cave tubing and if it is worth it. Can you book through the cruise line as an excursion?

Major Tom is the best! Highly recommend him and his crew. If you go to the Belize port of call board you will see a lot of people suggest him. Groups are smaller than those that book through the cruise line.

Whoever you go with, cave tubing is in my top three excursions of all time. A great experience!!!

This is the Belize Port of Call Board isn't it ???

OP....There are 2 -3 tour operators that good high reccomendations from members here... I have used two of the three and have my preference, but not permitted to solicit their names. Do a little more research on this board and I think you will be able to make a good decision who to book with based on reviews and comments of others. Good Luck !

How did you make your final decision??? I'm still stuck on which to go with!!! I'd like to book our excursion today...and I was leaning more towards Major Tom (we're on the Glory 6/27).

Paulette

This is the Belize Port of Call Board isn't it ???

Actually, this thread was originally on the Carnival boards and was moved. ;)

Last edited by travelntreats; Today at 12:39 PM. Reason: I see where this thread was moved from the CCL boards now ! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

:mad:We just got back from Belize on Carnival and did the cave tubing with Major Tom. He was very safety conscious and you will have alot of fun.

We were going to go with cave-tubing.com but switched after I read most of the reviews. Cave-tubing.com makes their groups bigger and not as many guides and are alot lounder in the caves. We had 8 in our group with 1 guide and it was very peaceful and refreshing in the caves. I guess it depends on if you want alot of yelling in the caves or peace and quiet.

Also Major Tom makes everyone wear their lifevest or they don't go. The other companies don't make you wear them if you don't want. Safety first. Your decision. :p

Just did Cave Tubing and Zip Lining with Major Tom this past Thursday (was on Carnival Legend). Was impressed with their attention to safety and service. We had originally requested Mike as our guide based on CC posts. He was great - very energetic, informative and a good leader. Our overall bus group of 33 was broken down to smaller groups of less than 8 upon arrival at the park. Mike's cousin George ended up being our personal guide (4 of us) and was fantastic. He took the us zip lining first, then down the river where we caught up with the rest. He knew all about the area and vegetation and took excellent care of us. This tour was one of our trip highlights.

Can you tell me how much per person MT is and how long is the zipline? My sons want to do ziplining, but I heard some of them can be very short after a longgggg ride.

How long does the whole trip take from pick up to drop off?

This is more of a question than a reply. Does anyone know what happened to the Cave Tubing Co. called X-Stream Cave Tubing? They were very popular a couple of years ago, and we booked with them based on CC reviews. Had a great time. This was in 2007. I was going to recommend them to a friend, but never see them mentioned any more. Are they out of favor for some reason?

Time: It is about an hour drive each way in a/c bus. The zip was fun, but tubing was a highlight. We were early off Legend and it took the majority of port time to do the trip. Had 30 minutes for shopping upon return to port, but given the legth of line for tenders in the hot sun, we took a little more time while the line reduced and were able to get on one of the last tenders.

Archived