Marinsky Theater at White Nights Festival

Has anyone purchased tickets for the Opera at the White Nights Festival for the Marinsky Theater. Interested in your experience with the ticket purchase please. Also did you purchase through a Russian Tour Agency if so who. Seeing reccomendations and suggestions Thank you.

Sailing Azamara Journey 6/6/2010

Diamond Princess 12/24/2009

Coral Princess summer 2008-Alaska

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have your own Russian Visa? If you do you can purchase tickets directly from the theater's website. Thats what I did, we will be attending the ballet June 29th. Ticket prices seem very reasonable. Once you put it on your credit card, you print out your confirmation and pick up tickets at will call. The opera prices seem higher than the ballet I believe.

We're going to the opera at the Mariinsky on June 23 for a performance of The Brothers Karamazov. It's a "new" opera (composer still alive:)) and 25 scenes. I read the novel 45 years ago - I'm sure it will all come back to me.:D

In reality, we just wanted to go to the theater, whatever the performance was. Although we could have purchased our tickets directly from the theater's web site, we went through our local travel agency - SPB Tours. It cost a little more that way, but that way we have transportation to and from the theater.

Sam

Archived