Seldovia question

#1survivorfan

I'm planning a trip for myself, husband and best friends this summer. We are staying 3 nights in Homer. So far we are spending day 1 at Brooks falls and day 2 I would like to boat over to Seldovia and rent ATV rangers for at least half a day. I am trying to get in touch with ATVentures but haven't had any luck. Has anyone rented from them? What other ideas are there for Seldovia?

• 5 weeks later...
I'm planning a trip for myself, husband and best friends this summer. We are staying 3 nights in Homer. So far we are spending day 1 at Brooks falls and day 2 I would like to boat over to Seldovia and rent ATV rangers for at least half a day. I am trying to get in touch with ATVentures but haven't had any luck. Has anyone rented from them? What other ideas are there for Seldovia?

Homer is one of our favorite places to stay and we have been there many times. We spent 2 nights in Seldovia and were lucky enough to be there during a chainsaw wood carving contest. There are lots of hiking trails and a bit out of the main part of town there is a nice beach. It can get quite chilly there as a glacier outside of town funnels the wind down the slopes into town. There is a wonderful walking path along a stream with many different types of birds and many Bald Eagles who come to fish. Be sure to look up into the trees as there many times are juvenile Bald Eagles sitting next to a nest.

You are in for a real treat at Brooks Falls. We have been to Katmai 3 times and spent 3 nights at Katmailand Brooks Lodge as well as 4 nights at Hallo Bay. Check out some of my photos of the walking paths and platforms at: www.pixofwild.com. Go to Alaska tab. Under scenic there is one of Seldovia harbor.

Another great trip out of Homer is a boat trip to Halibut Cove with a tour past Gull Island teeming with all sorts of birds/ducks, etc. Halibut Cove is exceptionally beautiful and the restaurant there is incredible but must be booked far in advance. Enjoy!!!

Archived