???? Princess Cays bungalows

mizona

:confused: Our group of 6 are considering renting a bungalow for the day we are in Princess cays (October 12th) Any thoughts? How soon before we need to reserve. Seems to be a very limited number. Thanks...:cool:

:confused: Our group of 6 are considering renting a bungalow for the day we are in Princess cays (October 12th) Any thoughts? How soon before we need to reserve. Seems to be a very limited number. Thanks...:cool:

You need to reserve now. Don't be surprised if there is already a waitlist. There were only six of them, although promises had been made that 6 more would be built. Don't know if that ever came to fruition.

There were 18 bungalows when we were there in January, so things have opened up a bit. With 6 of you sharing the cost, that makes it a better value. Also, I hear that the waiters have returned to the practice of bringing you your lunch at the bungalow, although this seems to go back and forth. We enjoyed it but not sure if we would do it again. My biggest reservation is that we really weren't there too long, only about 4 hrs even with getting an early tender. We had bungalow #14, which was more private than the 1st ones but was a longer walk to the restrooms and buffet.

We enjoyed the bungalows very much, especially since we had small children. We wanted to keep them out of the sun and get them in air conditioning in case it got too hot. We did reserve them on our cruise personalizer as soon as we were able. The waiter brought TONS of food. I felt bad because we did not eat it all. My parents even came during lunch time and ate some with us (that made 6 adults and 3 children). And we still had plenty left over. We had the first bungalow so the walk to the restroom and kids play area was not far at all. We didn't mind the people, it wasn't too crowded for us. Hope this helps.

IMG_4210.jpg.e4f97e773f91a9169b6c101df1b1d460.jpg

We loved having the Bungalow when we were there. We rented it for the 6 elderly in our group. It was nice having the waiter bring their lunch. It was a bit of a walk to the restrooms, but the air con was wonderful for them.

If you are sailing on the Crown you will get only the building with ac and chairs along with a pitcher of water. There was no service. There are many differences in the level of amenities depending on the ship.

IMHO it is worth every cent (even without the buffet served at your bungalow there certainly seems to be some inequities in service on differnt cruises) It makes the day at the beach over the top, it is a complete splurge, you'll have a terrific day on the beach with out it, and you'll have a great day on the ship, but the bungalow really makes for a great experieince. Could i have found a secluded shaded area elsewhere on the beach.... probably I could. But I''d rather go with a sure thing. The bungalow area is very peaceful and quiet and makes the perfect backdrop for a day of reading and listening to your ipod.

Actually i disagree with those who think the time is too short, many shore excursions only last for 4-5 hours that isn't unusual. In fact i think the bungalows maximize the time on the Cay, The priority boarding tickets get you on the cay first and allow you to be the last ones off. The priority tender tickets are a must if you don't get them, go to the pursar and insist. That means you can be the first ones off the boat in the morning. If you like to sleep in on excursions days then you will be loosing times on the Cay. Being a party of six though that means you can each come and go as you please

The bungalows because of the air conditioning also give visitors a break from the heat. Sitting on the beach on the Cays all day long in the full sun is a difficult task except for the die hard beach fans. The bungalows and the priority tender tickets make it possible to enjoy the entire day on the island to the maximum. Each bungalow has an outside shower, so you can clean up before leaving the cay and then hit the ship running and not loosing time by going back to the cabin to shower and change.

Regarding the distance to the restrooms I don't think its that bad at all. If someone in your party has difficulty walking make sure you ask for one closest to the facilities, if not, go for the furthest away, I think you'll enjoy the peace and quiet and privacy. I attached pictures from the view outside of SeaGrape

I personally think the bungalows for a party of 6 are a steal. Thats $33 a head. I paid $110/person zip glide through the jungle in antigua that was less than 3 hours, or the $120/head sailboat in St. Thomas for 4.5 hours. For two people the bungalows area total luxury and I wound not recommend to anyone traveling on a budget, for a family or group of 4-6 I think it's a deal.

IMG_0149.jpg.3acb03e1628e67f6797ddfce9cda6a8f.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg.0b4116730147b51164c7e301fd78cc0b.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg.cc7fdeb7607ccc700f7eb77922ebabc6.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg.772de1a1d020e17875253f6070692d03.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg.0f74f9d4955740c0a74c1149dc35d838.jpg

Archived