Carnival/Princess Question

Little

I am trying to book a Honeymoon cruise for Oct 11th of this year (wedding is on the 10th). My fiance has never cruised but I am a die hard Carnival fan. The problem is the 2 Carnival ships leaving on Oct 11th from FL are going to ports I really don't enjoy yet Princess has one ship that is going to all the ports I love. I am platinum on Carnival (11 cruises) and I am wondering will the same be extended to me on Princess? I also have a 15 percent discount voucher and 50 OBC for Carnival. Will Princess honor that? Should the ports really matter? I can't seem to decide.

I am trying to book a Honeymoon cruise for Oct 11th of this year (wedding is on the 10th). My fiance has never cruised but I am a die hard Carnival fan. The problem is the 2 Carnival ships leaving on Oct 11th from FL are going to ports I really don't enjoy yet Princess has one ship that is going to all the ports I love. I am platinum on Carnival (11 cruises) and I am wondering will the same be extended to me on Princess? I also have a 15 percent discount voucher and 50 OBC for Carnival. Will Princess honor that? Should the ports really matter? I can't seem to decide.

Nope........I believe the only thing you might get is a past guest discount if they are offering it on that particular sailing.......

As far as ports mattering.......you can only answer that for yourself.

They are important to me.......I am also platinum with Carnival but I would cruise on Princess again in a heartbeat:D

No, each line is run as a separate company. You would have to have platinum on Princess to have any benefits.

No, your Platinum benefits on Carnival are not honored by other cruise lines owned by CCL, and vice versa. While the benefits on Carnival are great, I wouldn't hesitate to try Princess. After all, it is the "love boat". On the other hand, being a newlywed, I wouldn't think that the ports of call would be that important, wink, wink.

Thanks everyone for responding. I knew the folks at CruiseCritic wouldn't let me down. I might just stick with Carnival that way I can "wow" the new Hubby with my Carnival knowledge.

Thanks everyone for responding. I knew the folks at CruiseCritic wouldn't let me down. I might just stick with Carnival that way I can "wow" the new Hubby with my Carnival knowledge.

Personally, I would put aside the fact that you have been to those islands(ports of call) before. Your new husband hasen't! You would make for a great tour guide on those Islands and he would be impressed. Your on your Honeymoon, does it really matter what Island your on??? Just use the discounts you have and go enjoy your new life. And...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-Bon Voyage

Archived