Carnival Towels

NYGirl1002

I understand if you lose your towel your account gets charged. That being said is that the towels from your room? What do you do when you go by the pool? Do you take your room towel?

On HAL they have a towel stand by the pools and you use those. Is it the same on Carnival?

What do we do for excursions? Do we have to take our room towels?

The last carnival cruise I went on you have towels for the room and there are also towels out by the pool. For the excursion they have towels that you can use and then leave in your stateroom when you return. These towels are the ones that you can be charged for if not returned. This was also the same experience I've had on other cruise lines.

They have nice fluffy towels in the dressing rooms in the workout area. I always get a few of these to use (and leave) by the pool and on excursions. Otherwise, I don't think they charge you for missing cabin towels. Those towels that cost $22 to lose or steal don't leave the closet shelf in my cabin. Stupid rule if you ask me...they should want people to take these as advertising, like many hotels do. I would use them and/or display them in my "cruise room" for all to see with pride.

They have nice fluffy towels in the dressing rooms in the workout area. I always get a few of these to use (and leave) by the pool and on excursions. Otherwise, I don't think they charge you for missing cabin towels. Those towels that cost $22 to lose or steal don't leave the closet shelf in my cabin. Stupid rule if you ask me...they should want people to take these as advertising, like many hotels do. I would use them and/or display them in my "cruise room" for all to see with pride.

Just pop each cruise fare up $22 and don't charge if they disappear. They'd prolly make money on it, as some folks wouldn't take them. So long as they don't advertise the fact that you paid for your towel, they'd prolly get away with it.

The last carnival cruise I went on you have towels for the room and there are also towels out by the pool. For the excursion they have towels that you can use and then leave in your stateroom when you return. These towels are the ones that you can be charged for if not returned. This was also the same experience I've had on other cruise lines.

On several previous Carnival cruises, there were always towels at the pool. But on our last cruise in early May on the Ecstasy, the only towels available were the Big blue ones furnished in your room for excursions and the pool. They changed them everyday. But I have never actually heard of anyone who has had to pay for them, if they lost them.

Bill & Brenda

When we were on the Conquest in March, there were "bathroom" towels (plain white, I think) and deck towels (blue, with the "Carnival" branding). Both were provided in the cabins and no additional towels were available at the pools/on deck. When we went on excursions, we took the blue towels with us.

The cabin steward would replace the blue towels if we asked for them to be replaced, although we didn't usually do that. Our understanding was that we would be charged if we "lost" the blue towels. However, one day, they changed our blue towels but left us one instead of two. We just asked them for another one and they gave it to us. I'm not sure how they could differentiate between someone who "lost" a towel and someone who just didn't get one replaced by the cabin steward.

Yes, you will get charged for the blue Carnival towels if you lose them.

They also have the same towels out by the pool that you can check out using your S&S card, they write your name down and take your name off when they are returned.

These are the beach towels, not the white bathroom towels.

As the above poster stated, it your Steward does not leave the correct amount of blue towels when replacing them, let them know so he can replace it and you won't get charged.

Just came off of the Fascination. They had regular bathroom towels which were white, and they left big blue towels for excursions. They also had a towel booth on the Lido which you checked the big blue ones out and had to return. We accidentally took two Lido towels back to the room and the room steward took them the next day when she cleaned. We had to do some running around to correct this so that we would not be charged for not returning the Lido deck towels. Make sure to turn them in and not take them back to your room if this option is on your ship.:)

The cabin steward would replace the blue towels if we asked for them to be replaced, although we didn't usually do that. Our understanding was that we would be charged if we "lost" the blue towels. However, one day, they changed our blue towels but left us one instead of two. We just asked them for another one and they gave it to us. I'm not sure how they could differentiate between someone who "lost" a towel and someone who just didn't get one replaced by the cabin steward.

Same thing happened to us on Conquest in January - all we did was go tell steward we were short one towel, he replaced it & we were not charged for it.

Our big blue Carnival beach towels were used every day, including taking them into the ports, and they were replaced every day with clean ones by the room steward...without having to ask.

we used our blue towel at the pool or beach every day, one day at the pool someone else walked off with our towels, when I called to say they were taken the desk person assured me we would not be charged and just told us to contact our room steward for replacements, they were more concerned with us getting replacements than the missing towels

I've never heard of a hotel that encourages people to take their towels home. That's called stealing.

Same thing happened to us on Conquest in January - all we did was go tell steward we were short one towel, he replaced it & we were not charged for it.

I agree! This is actually happened with us too. On one occasion I misplaced one and had to ask for another and we ended up with 3 clean towels lol!

I think it is more of a scare tactic then anything:D

I've never heard of a hotel that encourages people to take their towels home. That's called stealing.

Yep, SOME of the high end hotels do this...I've also seen shows on TV where a hotel owner mentioned this - says they couldn't pay enough to get someone to look at their hotel name every day. It's not stealing when they don't mind. I'm sure they are few and far between, and they don't mean take them all! Not talking about the cheap wipes some motels use.

Archived