Question for Putterdude

You were kind enough to recommend some choices for fireworks viewing during my July 29th visit to Vancouver over on the Alaska port site. I felt that since it really pertains to Vancouver I should post further here instead :o.

I have a tentative booking with a company called vancouvercharters.com for a boat called Pride of Vancouver. They have availability for my husband and I and our 2 friends for a dinner cruise........ but the price is $400+ :eek:

Could you please tell me what you think of this option? If it will be a wonderful evening, it might be worth it and a great thank you to our friends for their hospitality. But perhaps we could view the UK fireworks elsewhere or for far less on another boat??? :confused: Please help me decide!

As I was doing that research on various yacht charter I thought the rate was about $85 pp so $100 is a bit on the high side but maybe not by a ton. I have been out on yachts for the fireworks on 2 occasions as a guest so really didn't know what the price was. I will tell you that the meals are cooked in advance on shore and brought aboard in steam trays so really it isn't a gourmet dinner, you aren't paying for the dinner, it is the cruise out of the harbour, under Lions Gate Bridge, around Stanley Park and into English Bay and then the fireworks...it really is an experience. So other than than ship it would tend to be an early dinner and then a walk into and out of the West End and being jostled by 100,000's of other fireworks fans bearing in mind that all the good vantage points are taken by early to mid afternoon. I am not trying to stear you the yacht venue....but those are the facts.

Archived