Paying on board

We are british and traveling on IOS from Southampton and visiting Europe, I was wondering as to the best cerdit card to use on board as some posts say that the ship seems to convert dollars to £ at their exchange rate and not current. We have the option to use American Express which is charged to us in dollars will that be the best? I don't think RCI ought to cheat us out of exchange rates. I have in the past used Nationwide, they are now charging in non-europe countries is the boat classed as american or are transactions carried out in europe? Problems problems!!!!Thanks for any info.

We are british and traveling on IOS from Southampton and visiting Europe, I was wondering as to the best cerdit card to use on board as some posts say that the ship seems to convert dollars to £ at their exchange rate and not current. We have the option to use American Express which is charged to us in dollars will that be the best? I don't think RCI ought to cheat us out of exchange rates. I have in the past used Nationwide, they are now charging in non-europe countries is the boat classed as american or are transactions carried out in europe? Problems problems!!!!Thanks for any info.

when you do your Seapass,mark payment in cash,then once on board go to guest relations have your American Express card registed in the currency of your choice

When you fill out your SetSail pass tick the option that says something like "I want my credit card company to do the conversion"; do not not not select the option where the ship does it. I always highlight option B is a dayglo pink or orange highlighter too to make it really stand out so they can't miss it.

Everything on board is in US$, it is an American company. You can use any credit card.

And she is a 'ship' not a 'boat'..!

I always use my Amex card for cruising. I just tick B on the online check in and when my seapass account is charged the dollars amount, Amex converts it at no charge to UK pounds. :D I use the card on Med cruises & Caribbean cruises.

Archived