Tampa Questions

GAMOM4

We are sailing out of Tampa on July 9th - we are considering driving down on the 8th even though we are only about a 5 hour drive. I have saw some recommendations on here for the Embassy Suites - but I was going to ask if anyone had ever just went on Priceline and put in a bid on a hotel? I have never tried this because I usually like to know exactly where I am staying. One other question - if we decided to spend a couple of days after the cruise down around Tampa somewhere - what is a good beach to visit? (One that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!) We have been to Panama City but that is the only beach on the Gulf Coast we have ever been to. My husband has always wanted to go to Busch Gardens ... I guess that would be an option also. For any of you that visit Tampa alot or live around there - is there any one thing in particular (other than the cruise!) that we should visit or see while we are down there? Just in case we never go back that way I don't want to miss something we would regret later.

Thanks!

Archived