Medifast Diet Has anyone tried it

jhenry1

I signed up yesterday for the Medifast diet plan. I need to lose 10-15 lbs before our cruise in August. At age 64 tomorrow I have tried to lose these lbs without any luck. I am beginning to think it is the age thing. I have never been overweight and then about a year ago I quit smoking and then had to get on thyroid pills and have gradually put on the extra lbs just around my middle section and in my stomach. I needed help because becoming very discouraged. We work out 3 days a week and have for many years. Has anyone had these problems. anyway I decided to try Medifast. Has anyone out there had any luck with this diet.

Kandy from Texas

I did this last year for about 7-8 weeks. I did not do maintenance. I lost about 20 pounds, but needed to lose more. I maintained most of that until spring break (I'm a teacher) by following the diet during the week, but not on weekends. I did put it all back on because I went back to my old habits. I really need to lose weight now and have a lot of the food left. It's just hard to get back on. I like to eat . . . and drink and that's the problem!:eek:

Yes, I did Medifast about 5 years ago. I lost 25 pounds. I does work. Of course being who I am , it came back eventually. Try it, it's good to take off weight, but reality gets in the way and the weight will come back when you go off it.

Doing Nutrisytem now. It works too. Always looking for the magic one. You know, diet till your goal, then eat whatever you want for ever after. LOL

I have been on this for 4 days now and I have lost 4.5 lbs. I gained the extra weight because I had to start on thyroid meds and then I quit smoking. I gained 15-20 extra lbs and none of my clothes would fit. It could also be my age and metabolism. I am 64 but I do work out 3 days a week but could not lose the weight. I had to do something before the cruise or I would not have anything to wear.

So far so good. I do have very poor eating habits and have never eaten regular. I love candy but on this diet there is eating 6 small meals a day which includes their bars and etc. They are actually good and seem to help with my sweet cravings.

Hope it works.

Thank you for you replies.

Kandy

• 2 months later...

I started a similar plan about 3 years ago called New Lifestyle Diet...they were cheaper at that time than Medifast and tasted better (in my opinion). I lost 80 pounds on that diet and kept it off...recently however, I've started to let my eating get out of control again and have put on 20 pounds...I found a product that is the same as the New Lifestyle products but much cheaper called Wonderslim. I've been on that for 2 weeks now and have lost 8 pounds. I have 7 weeks until I cruise on the Miracle so only 12 more pounds to go! Yah! I'll be able to wear my evening gown! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Loving Medifast. It's been very easy this past month, even being in the RV on a vacation for 2 weeks and having many other celebrations.

The 5 daily meal replacements and 1 Lean & Green meal a day are very satisfying. Have lost the desire for sweets and feel no deprivation.

Such a sense of well being because the meals have all vitamins needed.

Highly recommend this new way of eating....NOTHING has ever worked this well for me before. In the past on WW or whatever, I would cheat by lunch of the 1st day.

I have a terrific coach and love being 14 lbs slimmer after 3 1/2 weeks. Fun that clothes are fitting much better and I just feel so healthy.

:) My 64th birthday is next week and I've never felt better and more energetic. If I can do it, anyone can.

We're going to go on a 35 day Med cruise next month.

The big thing is my mindset has changed and I want to be healthy and feel good about how I look.

Planning to take along small MF meal replacements for day excursions (14 ports!) and eat healthy choices for dinner,

keep active and locate the scale in the fitness center and visit it often.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

• 3 weeks later...
I signed up yesterday for the Medifast diet plan. I need to lose 10-15 lbs before our cruise in August. At age 64 tomorrow I have tried to lose these lbs without any luck. I am beginning to think it is the age thing. I have never been overweight and then about a year ago I quit smoking and then had to get on thyroid pills and have gradually put on the extra lbs just around my middle section and in my stomach. I needed help because becoming very discouraged. We work out 3 days a week and have for many years. Has anyone had these problems. anyway I decided to try Medifast. Has anyone out there had any luck with this diet.

Kandy from Texas

Lots of people seem to love medifast! They have a great support website! Mymedifast.com or something like that! I hope it works for you!

I felt like I was starving on medifast. I was so miserable and it can give you awful breath when you are going through ketosis. Although medifast was not for me I lost 50 lbs recently using a book called Magic Menus. I just found it at barnes and noble. There are no tricks in it just low calorie meal plans with real food. I liked an app called net diary to keep me honest about tracking food! And also a couple sees of measuring cups and a food scale to make sure the portions were correct.

GOOD LUCK!

• 4 months later...

I released 95 lbs. on Medifast from 5/09 to 5/10...then that summer I "did my own thing" and re-gained 18.5, so I'm back on MF. It is amazing and totally works, but the key is to do the Transition and Maintenance exactly as they tell you to, don't rush it as I did. You can bet I'll do it perfectly this time! All the best to the dieters!!

:( I did it last year....lasted 3 days before I even smelled the food and it made me Vomit. Sorry. My in laws have been on it for almost 2 years and swear by it...the are off a few medications as well. It works for them MIL lost 50 lbs. I just wonder once your off it ....what have you learned? to eat prepared food ?? thats not good...You just go back to your old habits.

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing a new doctor due to my low thyroid and a few other issues. I know she is going to recommend Medifast at my next visit. I'm willing to give it a try as I did do Atkins a few years ago and had great success but alas the weight came back on. I have about 55lbs to lose and would love to lose a good portion of that before my cruise in late June. But if I start this program around April 1st, then I may just begin the transition phase about cruise time. I'm concerned that doing the transition phase properly will not be possible. And if I deviate and add too many foods back in that it will mess with the digestive system. Any thoughts?

Michelle

Archived