Love Boat Dream?

Punchie

This might be a dumb question, but do they still have this dessert onboard? The last cruise we went on in 2005, I don't remember it being on the menu, but they brought one out to me upon request. It's one of my favorite desserts. :)

This might be a dumb question, but do they still have this dessert onboard? The last cruise we went on in 2005, I don't remember it being on the menu, but they brought one out to me upon request. It's one of my favorite desserts. :)

Yes, they have it, but it seems to have changed a bit over the years... I'm sure someone here can quantify what's been changed? :)

Princess Love Boat Dream

Makes 8 Servings

1 pound bittersweet chocolate

8 ounces sweet butter

6 large egg yolks

8 egg whites

3 ounces lady Godiva chocolate liqueur

1/2 cup superfine sugar

3 tablespoons vanilla-flavoured sugar

Garnish

16 fresh mint leaves

1 ounce white chocolate

1 ounce milk chocolate

2 tablespoons strawberry piping gel

2 tablespoons bittersweet cocoa

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add the butter. When the mixture is very smooth, quickly blend in the egg yolks and the chocolate liqueur.

Whisk the egg whites until very still, and then add the superfine sugar and flavoured sugar.

Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a heart shaped mold and refrigerate for at least 12 hours to set.

Presentation

Unmold the chocolate and place in the center of the plate. Garnish with white chocolate and milk chocolate. Pipe strawberry gel around the plate. Dust mousse with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

Yes, they have it, but it seems to have changed a bit over the years... I'm sure someone here can quantify what's been changed? :)

Oh yea, it sure has changed. Nothing like it used to be. In fact, I always loved it the 'old way' but now, I don't even waste my time, it is just not a yummy as before. :( Their other desserts have gotten better, but the Love Boat Dream sure went down hill. IMHO!

They no longer have the original which was a Godiva chocolate made for Princess. After they did away with it, there were requests to have it back. Instead of the original Godiva version which by the way was absolutely scrumptious, they now make their own version. The one on the "always availiable" menu is a chocolate mousse concoction with Godiva liquer which is OK, but nothing special like the original was. They did away with the original about the same time they did the free cappucino.

They no longer have the original which was a Godiva chocolate made for Princess. After they did away with it, there were requests to have it back. Instead of the original Godiva version which by the way was absolutely scrumptious, they now make their own version. The one on the "always availiable" menu is a chocolate mousse concoction with Godiva liquer which is OK, but nothing special like the original was. They did away with the original about the same time they did the free cappucino.

There you go and there you are... still delicious, but not as good as the original!

Just had it on the Island Princess. The first thing I noticed is it is now on a "brownie" crust instead of the kind of crunchy crust it used to have. Although still good, it is also not nearly as rich. The old one just oozed rich ... eating the whole thing could be hard. The new version seems lighter and not so dense.

I still enjoyed it and it gave a good chocolate taste. Just not as decadent as it once was (i.e. what the recipe that was posted indicates).

Archived