Irons on board ship

vintagebabe

Hi there,

We will be cruising with Azamara in October, but staying on a few days pre and post and so I plan on taking my travel iron for those days. Anyone know if Azamara will confiscate it I pack in the suitcase rather than the carryon? May sound like a dumb question, but I hate wrinkles. I realize that Azamara has irons in their laundry day. It is those pre and post days that I want to look fresh.

Anybody have any experience with this. I traveled on NCL, and it was not an issue at all.

Theresa

I don't think Azamara staff will confiscate it, but I would save the weight in your luggage and ask the hotels if you can use their iron/ironing board. I think most hotels will provide one if you ask (if there isn't one already in the room) and if you're not sure, you could email them ahead of time to ask about them.

I don't think Azamara staff will confiscate it, but I would save the weight in your luggage and ask the hotels if you can use their iron/ironing board. I think most hotels will provide one if you ask (if there isn't one already in the room) and if you're not sure, you could email them ahead of time to ask about them.

I totally agree with you! We stayed in Rome for 3 days and I asked for an iron and board when we checked in...no problem.

Hi there,

We will be cruising with Azamara in October, but staying on a few days pre and post and so I plan on taking my travel iron for those days. Anyone know if Azamara will confiscate it I pack in the suitcase rather than the carryon? May sound like a dumb question, but I hate wrinkles. I realize that Azamara has irons in their laundry day. It is those pre and post days that I want to look fresh.

Anybody have any experience with this. I traveled on NCL, and it was not an issue at all.

Theresa

Theresa

I do not know if they will confiscate your iron but they are definitey NOT allowed. There are both irons and ironing boards on Quest and a travel iron is not required. In fact, the travel irons onboard are much better than a lightweight travel iron. As others have said, I do not know any hotel, of whatever category, who will not lend you an iron if you request one.

Sue

On the Journey there were laundry rooms with a few boards and irons so save the luggage weight.

The OP mentioned that she knew this, and only wanted to take the iron with her to use pre and post cruise at the hotel.

We just returned from 14 days on Journey and there is an iron and ironing board in the laundry room, which was open 7am-12 mn. There may have been 2, but I know there was one. You are in for a wonderful treat. The crew and ship and everything is fabulous.....

thanks everyone for your replies. as I had said, I knew that Azamara had irons, I just wanted to know that if I had one packed in my bags(but didn't use it on the ship) whether it would be confiscated. I guess I will leave it home and hope for the best.

Theresa

Archived