Unthought of...things to pack!

As far as the over the door holder, you actually use it on the outside of the bathroom door and we used it for all the things you are constantly looking for - sunglasses, sunscreen, highlighter, slippers(which i never used), hat (with string so it doesn't blow away is a good suggestion - my husband lost a hat in St. Thomas that way). We are kind of messy and it worked well for us.

Can not think of what we could have used duct tape. Believe me, we had lots of other unnecessary items!

prior Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts??? You all sound like my Boy Scout - he takes duct tape everywhere (or close)!:D

Not such a bad thing though. Love the idea of puting sets of clothes in big ziplocs - helps save room in your luggage too!

I too pack all the legal drugs I can - just in case. The duct tape I never thought of and probably still won't take. Sunscreen and sunburn gel are staples in our pool bag and that goes with us (more of less).

Have never needed an alarm clock - our room steward does fine when he brings us our morning coffee. Although in April we are bringing our kids and the youngest one wakes up by 6:30AM every day - and I really do mean EVERY day - so I won't need an alarm clock. I may pack a sledge hammer so I can knock him back out to get a couple more hours of sleep!:D:eek:;)

When we were on a Hawaiian cruise 2 years ago- I was so glad to have bandaids and neosporin tucked into our beach bag. Our 14 year old daughter caught the tip of her baby toe on the lava rock on the walk down to Hanama (sp?) bay. Thank goodness we had the first aid supplies with us!

In Alaska last summer- I brought along bug reppellant wipes- just in case the mosquitoes found us. Eaiser to carry than a bottle or can.

-JC in CA

A 4-tiered skirt hanger that folds up. I use it to hang my swimsuit, shower cap, gym clothes, whatever is wet/damp. It can be easily be hung in the shower.

Water shoes. On my first RCCL cruise I purchased a pair on the ship and have used them every time. Saves my Keds from getting soaked.

Yellow post-its so when I leave early/late or just miss my cabin guy/gal I can ask for whatever I need.

I've taken duct tape on every cruise. The pack I have is still in its original packaging but I came thisclose to using it last time:D I may never use it but I'm sure the first time I don't take it I'll need it, LOL!

When reading the things that people take on their cruises (me too) in case of emergencies I have often thought - why don't CC members on the same cruise, through the roll call, decide that different people will bring different things.

For example, one person brings the duct tape, another brings the band-aid, another the sunburn cream, another various OTC medicines etc. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Some great ideas that you all posted-

Don't forget Immodium & Benadryl-

Also, if taking a laptop-get a lockdown unit

Fanny pack-sounds corney, but great to take everything in-

Also, a small suitcase or a folding one to take things off on the last day-

In addition to what others have mentioned:

• Water shoes. Labadie can be rocky in places.
  • Extra memory card for your digital camera.
  • Small, light-weight back packs to take ashore. Particularly handy for the tender ports, where you will be unable to get on and off the ship at your leisure. I couldn't live without them! You just throw your towel, camera, hat, sunscreen, etc. in the back pack and you can sight-see hands-free!
  • As others have mentioned, bring meds for any common ailments. You don't want to suffer with stomach issues, congestion, etc. on your trip, simply because you forgot to pack medicine.
  • Pen or highlighter for planning the next days activities from the Cruise Compass.

You may need:

• I've started packing Downy wrinkle relaxer, just in case. RCL doesn't have free access to laundry or ironing facilities.
  • Small sewing kit, in case you rip a seam or pop a button on a critical article of clothing.
  • Extra contacts if you wear them.

Eyeglass kit to fix or tighten glasses if they need. It is a very small, inexpensive thing that you will miss dearly if you need it. I keep it in my suitcase after unpacking at home so I never forget to bring it.

as others have said-

don't forget the OTC medicine!!

any kind you have at home that you don't think you'll need, bring anyway. it's better than spending $14 for a small box of something like I did last week...when I had the same thing at home and only paid a dollar for it! ugh! :mad:

we still had a great cruise though! :D

I would bring a dry pak pouch. They are available at REI for $8 and up. DBF and I used them on our Snuba excursion and just to take to the beach. It's nice to not have to worry about your money, ID and room key getting wet if you take it in the water, or stolen if you leave it on the beach. The pouch kept everything completely dry even when totally submerged for almost an hour! :)

http://www.rei.com/product/752258

1041320.jpg

We always throw in a few clothes pins so we can clip wet bathing suits (or whatever ) to the chairs on the balcony to dry, and not worry about them flying off. Also good if the drapes won't stay closed when sleeping.

Also MONEY, I know everything is included, but somehow I always seem to go through a lot of cash. LOL

I have to 2nd the wrinkle-releaser. We usually use it in conjunction with the steam from the shower.

I also agree with some others here...OTC pain meds, sunscreen, something that can relieve sunburn, shampoo, and conditioner.

Aside from that, if you are card players bring a deck. They might have them in the game room but if you are feeling lazy you might not want to go get them.

We have definately never needed the over-the-door shoe holder, duct tape, and power strip but that might be because its just 2 of us and we don't travel with a lot of "accessories". While the highlighter might be nice we just tear off the list of activities.

The coffee cups are never big enough for our morning coffee - we will be bringing travel coffee mugs....hold much more and stays hot longer!! We can take it with us anywhere on the ship!

Definitely will pack my sunburn relief spray this cruise! I got a bad

sunburn on my legs last cruise and didn't have anything but regular

lotion to put on! I was in PAIN and wondered why in the world I

hadn't thought about bringing some!

Renee

Highlighter, small alarm clock and aloe lotion for sunburns are the only uncommon things that we pack.

On our first cruise we took duct tape but never used it. I have never bothered with shoe racks. With the airline restrictions, I try to make as light as possible.

I also pack eye drops, swim ear drops,and anbesol (had a tooth ache once, never again without it!) .

I've always carried a small spray bottle in my purse, filled with fresh water (in a little zippy bag) anywhere I go. It really helps when the little ones get sand, salt, dust etc in their eyes, or just as a quick face refresher when it's hot. A quick spritz with plain old water usually helps with those problems.

Small tissue packs too (when there is no tp) Brought a shoe organizer once and never used it.

The big zip bags are the greatest, as mentioned before for packing, and then for bringing home the damp and dirties.

Going on July 5th on FOS, been thinking about packing list so this is a GREAT THREAD!! Thanks!!

sue

OK, maybe I missed it but what exactly is the duct tape for?

If I brought it I would use it to keep the kids quiet and under control! ;):D:eek:

Actually I've been wondering the same thing. Use it to close your suitcase? Repair a suitcase?

Archived