OLD ship smell

I PROMISE you this is not my thinking (it's my mothers). However, have you ever unpacked your clothes of a cruise and you notice that all your clothes smell like the ship? Well thats "old" ship smell. Its not a bad thing! Its opposite of the "new" ship smell aka Splender and soon to be Dream. :rolleyes: again totally not my idea!

Guest JJWW

Ship smell,one of the finest fragrances you shall ever behold. :rolleyes:

We at Carnival have tried desperately to transform this into a bottled perfume ,however it's a work in progress.

OK OK ,Carnival didn't say those exact words ,I did. :D

I've gotten home from RCI cruises with my clothing smelling like air freshener. And those were the clean ones, folks! The suitcase full of dirty clothes smelled like, well... Yikes!

Taters

That is what you got after a cruise on the old Georgian Bay Line's S. S. North American. It was built in 1913. Long gone now, unfortunately. It was great fun to watch them dock a 300 foot boat on the back side of the Union Terminal pier at Mackinac Island. This was a single screw boat and there were no bow thrusters in those days. No tug boats on the island either.

Doc

Yes..that cruise ship smell. There seems to be a base odor always present that varies in intensity from ship to ship. It may be masked by other odors such as food, new ship smell, etc. but seems to be there to some degree. My guess is that it is disinfectant based.

Archived