QV Deck 8 Laundry

EssexGary

Hi all, thinking about booking 17th Aug Med on QV in an A1 grade. Just a quick question about the location of the self-serve laundry on deck 8. What side is the entrance? (help me out by saying odd or even pls! I'm useless with Port and Starboard!!). I've always felt sorry for the people that end up next to the laundry, it can get really noisey so I want to avoid it if possible.

Thanks!

Hi all, thinking about booking 17th Aug Med on QV in an A1 grade. Just a quick question about the location of the self-serve laundry on deck 8. What side is the entrance? (help me out by saying odd or even pls! I'm useless with Port and Starboard!!). I've always felt sorry for the people that end up next to the laundry, it can get really noisey so I want to avoid it if possible.

Thanks!

Gary,

I think you'll find that you can enter from both accommodation corridors. The laundry is located in the centre section (where the inside cabins are) with a door at each end.

J

Thanks. Are the doors closed all the time, or kept open like on QM2? I've got an option of a guarantee A1, but a few of the cabins that are currently available are near the laundry - not sure if it's worth the risk.

Gary

Thanks. Are the doors closed all the time, or kept open like on QM2? I've got an option of a guarantee A1, but a few of the cabins that are currently available are near the laundry - not sure if it's worth the risk.

Gary

The doors are spring-loaded and ought to remain closed at all times. I can't remember ever finding one open on either 7 Deck or 5 Deck (the two we've been on so far). The opening hours are something like 7.00am until ???? (sorry - can't remember the second one). I can't say what the noise levels are like in the cabins close to the laundry but from walking past in the corridor during peak times, the soundproofing seems to be pretty effective.

No doubt there will be somebody out there somewhere with experience of a nearby cabin.

If you click here you'll find a photo of the 5 Deck laundry. There is an entrance door immediately behind where I was standing and you can see the exit door to the other corridor at the far end of the room. The laundry is very narrow - out of shot to the left are a couple of chairs to sit on but that's about it.

J

Hi Gary,

I had the same concerns re Deck 7 on the QV - we were upgraded to 7044 which you will see from the deck plans is very close to the laundry. We were on a week's cruise to the fjords and to be honest there wasn't a significant amount of laundry activity - just the odd person washing and a few more ironing. Doors were closed at night. Didn't disturb us at all and I hear everything from a pin dropping !

If your cruise is longer you may find more use - but the corridors were very quiet at nights and first thing in the morning.

The only noise I heard from inside the cabin was the folk in the cabin next door last thing at night as the beds are on each side of the same wall !! Other than that I thought the soundproofing was excellent - much better than your standard Marriott etc hotel.

Angela

Other than that I thought the soundproofing was excellent - much better than your standard Marriott etc hotel.

Angela,

I completely agree with that statement. Although we've never had a cabin that was close to the laundry, I found the soundproofing to be extremely effective, especially when compared with an M5 on the QE2 which sometimes sounded as though you had mistakenly bedded down for the night inside the laundry!

J

Angela,

I completely agree with that statement. Although we've never had a cabin that was close to the laundry, I found the soundproofing to be extremely effective, especially when compared with an M5 on the QE2 which sometimes sounded as though you had mistakenly bedded down for the night inside the laundry!

J

Or you found yourself answering a question, only to discover it had been asked from the neighboring cabin!

At night, all I could hear was the groan of the wood on oar locks.:eek:

Or you found yourself answering a question, only to discover it had been asked from the neighboring cabin!

Oh rowlocks!

Gari

Your steerage credentials are established beyond question. That was undoubtedly an M5 :D

J

Archived