hotel recs in buenos aires needed... baby/kid friendly

urquie

we'll be in B.A. the beginning of dec. for 5 nights and would really appreciate any recommendations for hotels/apart-hotels.

in order of importance...

- crib

- queen size bed (or larger) plus one more (any size) bed for a 5 yr old

- bedroom separated from "living area" by a door

- kitchen

- good and safe location - walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, museums, metro and/or bus

would be nice to have...

- 2 separate bedrooms

- breakfast included

- pool

- cleaning services - i am on vacation... i would prefer not to clean!

one person (in our larger group) would like a 5 star hotel, but that sounds way too expensive! 3 stars would be better on the pocketbook, but 4 stars might be possible.

our only consideration so far is art suites. seems like that area would be great, except that the restaurants seem to be more fancy and expensive... occasionally okay, but not the best bet for little ones. what other accommodations should we consider?

thank you for any ideas!!

we'll be in B.A. the beginning of dec. for 5 nights and would really appreciate any recommendations for hotels/apart-hotels.

in order of importance...

- crib

- queen size bed (or larger) plus one more (any size) bed for a 5 yr old

- bedroom separated from "living area" by a door

- kitchen

- good and safe location - walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, museums, metro and/or bus

would be nice to have...

- 2 separate bedrooms

- breakfast included

- pool

- cleaning services - i am on vacation... i would prefer not to clean!

one person (in our larger group) would like a 5 star hotel, but that sounds way too expensive! 3 stars would be better on the pocketbook, but 4 stars might be possible.

our only consideration so far is art suites. seems like that area would be great, except that the restaurants seem to be more fancy and expensive... occasionally okay, but not the best bet for little ones. what other accommodations should we consider?

thank you for any ideas!!

---

I am not sure where you got the idea that restaurants near Art Suites are fancy and expensive but this is not an acurate. Maybe because Art Suites is located in Recoleta? Los Pinos is on the nearest corner...an average meal costs 30 pesos at lunch and 40 at night/3.5 to convert to dollars. There are lots of other options on nearby Santa Fe avenue that are very reasonably priced.

The only thing from your list that Art Suites does not have is a pool...which would come in very handy in December.....

Most of the other apart hotels feature studios...not what you are looking for it seems....Have you thought about renting an apartment during your stay?

---

I am not sure where you got the idea that restaurants near Art Suites are fancy and expensive but this is not an acurate. Maybe because Art Suites is located in Recoleta?

yes, because it's located in recoleta... that's what frommers and/or lonely planet mentioned.

---

The only thing from your list that Art Suites does not have is a pool...which would come in very handy in December.....

i'm thinking a pool would be great for my 5yr old, while the baby naps... but it's not a deal breaker.

Most of the other apart hotels feature studios...not what you are looking for it seems....Have you thought about renting an apartment during your stay?

we would definitely consider an apartment! we would need two, near each other, for the other 2 people traveling with us. i would love any recommendations!

The specific area where Art Suites is located is not as "hoity toity" as other areas in Recoleta along and near Ave. Alvear...In fact, you will find quite a few inexpensive and moderately priced restaurants nearby. Art Suites only minimally meets your desire for breakfast--two small Media Lunas (croissants) per person, oj and coffee or tea delivered to your room. This is a pretty typical breakfast in Argentina.

About apartments....I usually stay in an apartment in a family neighborhood in Palermo, only a few blocks beyond Recoleta. http://www.shortstayinba.com

It is a two bedroom apartment with 24.7 security, lots of neighborhood cafes and restaurants, a very, very safe area, a kitchen, a pool, gym and laundry on site, and a grocery store in the complex....the three items I can think of missing from your requirements can probably be arranged in advance--daily cleaning (usually arranged only one time per week), a queen bed (both bedrooms have two twins...but these can be rearranged into a larger bed, as in most cruise line cabins) and no crib (I feel certain the owner's local rep can arrange one for you...she has been very helpful in meeting our needs)...Also, no breakfast...but there is a bakery across the street and a market located in the complex, so a continental breakfast is easy enough to arrange. My wife likes to send me out for fresh media lunas in the morning when we are there).

There are several temporary rentals in the same building...I will try to find a link and post......

that would be fabulous! and thanks for the great info!

Here is another apartment in the same building....

http://www.vrbo.com/67154

If these apartments work out for you let me know and I will be glad to provide you with more information about the area....your five your old will love the ice cream store down the street...

If these apartments work out for you let me know and I will be glad to provide you with more information about the area....your five your old will love the ice cream store down the street...

looks like neither of those apartments are kid friendly...

from the one you stay at...

"No we do not have a crib the apartment is on a very high floor with glass doors to a terrace and is not ideal for small children "

and the second link...

"Not Suitable for Children"

none-the-less, thanks for your help!

eta: also, the place you stay is already booked for that time period.

Archived