visas for Turkey

petsgalore

As far as I know most nationalities need a visa for Turkey. I have not seen anyone writing about getting a visa before the trip .... is it covered by the cruise line - anyone know? or do we need to contact the Turkish embassy before the trip and arrange for a visa?

After reading everyone´s write-up about the ship we are really looking forward to seeing her!

As far as I know most nationalities need a visa for Turkey. I have not seen anyone writing about getting a visa before the trip .... is it covered by the cruise line - anyone know? or do we need to contact the Turkish embassy before the trip and arrange for a visa?

After reading everyone´s write-up about the ship we are really looking forward to seeing her!

You do NOT need a visa if you enter Turkey by cruise ship and leave Turkey by cruise ship.

You need a visa if you fly into Turkey to board your cruise, or if you disembark in Turkey to fly out of the country.

We were getting conflicting information about Visas for Turkey. Just yesterday, contacted the company in Turkey that we are doing a private tour with in Ephesus about this question. They replied back to me and told me that you do not need a Visa when you get off the cruise ship as long as you are not spending the night in Turkey. Tour company also said that the ship will give each passenger a "landing card". Hope this helps.

Yes, we were given a landing card when we exited the Solstice in Istanbul. It needed to be completed by us and turned in the following day (also in Istanbul) as we returned to the ship. We did NOT need one for Kudasis and Ephesus.

American citizens (USA) were required to turn in our passports prior to boarding Solstice in Civitavecchia. We were given a passport receipt. Passports were returned on the last day at sea in the Sky Lounge. Those that could not locate their passport receipts had much more paperwork to do including signature verification. It was good (IMHO) that they were cautious in distributing passports.

Citizens of the UK did not have to give up their passports.

When we went to Kusadasi on a Westerdam cruise the ship apparently had everyone cleared by local authorities. We never got a visa or any "landing card". We only had to show our ship board ID card to get on and off. We had a private guide from Ekol and never needed anything else.

Archived