Upgrade SZ to Delux Verandah

wildbriar

We've been offered this up grade on the Zuiderdam for $398. Worth it? Is the Neptune lounge really that good? Can you bring other family members that haven't been upgraded in? I am guessing not. I like the idea of unlimited laundry but $400 buys a lot of laundry!!!

Is that per person?

Personally, I was perfectly satisfied with the SY, and turned down our upsell to the Deluxe Verandah. It was a combination of not being able to afford the upsell and not requiring all those "special perks" that came with the deluxe verandah suite.

I'd grab it. It's more than laundry and the Neptune. It's a much larger suite, and having breakfast if you choose in the Pinnacle every morning. Along with the other perks. We have an SY on the next 2 cruises and hesitated booking an SA, SB or SC because the difference in price was about $2,000 each cruise. So, at $200..........

I've had an S and a SS. Frankly I wouldn't pay the $398 extra for the 'free' laundry and Neptune access. Eating breakfast in the PG does absolutely nothing for me. We did room service on our SS balcony then anyway. I don't think I'd even pay $39.80 extra.

Ok, I've thought about some more. I'd pay $39.80 extra IF we need to was 2 bags of laundry AND we were waitlisted for our preferred dining.

I'd take it in a nano-second! While the SY etc. are great cabins, the SA,SB,SC's are outstanding. Much larger, nice dressing area, and more room in the bathroom. The SC we had on Zuiderdam had a much nicer verandah as well.

Ken

Just in case I'm offered an upgrade/upsell (and I think it's unlikely as we're booked in the absolute cheapest stateroom on the ship right now:rolleyes:), is there a place on the HAL website that lists what services/benefits you get with the various types of staterooms? I've been looking around but can't find it.

And as for the OP question, for $400, I would go for it!

Just in case I'm offered an upgrade/upsell (and I think it's unlikely as we're booked in the absolute cheapest stateroom on the ship right now:rolleyes:), is there a place on the HAL website that lists what services/benefits you get with the various types of staterooms? I've been looking around but can't find it.

There is no additional benefit offered within the "normal" staterooms. The only time you will get extra perks are in the deluxe veranda rooms. I'm in the cheap seats with you:D.

On our cruise last October we initially booked an SY because I wanted a larger cabin but didn't think we would make enough use of the suite perks to pay for a suite cabin. A month or so before the cruise we were offered an upsell. Since it was considerably less than booking a suite we grabbed it to see what it would be like. Now we're spoiled!!! Loved it!!!!

I have an SY or SS booked for our next cruise and hoping that we'll be offered an upgrade again.

Since there are only two of these on the Vista class your odds of actuall getting one are small.

You might get an SS or SY or you might get lucky. We have.

Last SZ GUAR = SC, last SY GUAR = SA. All free.

Enojy your trip whichever way you go.

Thanks everybody. We decided not to take it. We are traveling with my dad who has his own room and he was not offered an upgrade. We thought it might be rude to swan off and leave him! Had we been traveling on our own I think I would have gone with it!

That's very kind of you to consider your Dad. However, being a mother of grown children and grown grandkids, I'd be quite upset if they did that out of consideration for me. I'd want them to have a suite; doesn't matter where I was.

Archived