Just off Conquest 5/31 to 6/7

spenc

We had an awesome time. Ship is great! Food was great! Wish we had gotten to Cozumel but the extra sea day was nice and relaxing. Visited Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Only problem I have is that the room service at my house is seriously lacking..... :p

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

I have a few, just booked for Sept sailing. Do you have any pictures uploaded/stored anywhere or that you can share of the ship or the capers? pls email link or info to me at kmmayeux at netscape dot net thanks! Would love to hear a review too!

Didn't take any pics of the capers and only a few of the ship. Mainly took pics in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We had a Cat 11 suite which was very nice. TONS of storage/closet space.

Cabin 7272 Empress deck midship. Very nice location. Not noisy. Mongolian grill was open. the food there was wonderful. If you aren't sure what to get, be sure to ask. We did that and that waiters gave us some suggestions which always turned out good. Spring rolls were wonderful. Very hot and crispy. Sur Mer was also good. We had late seating in the Monet. We tried open seating before on a Princess ship and figured out that for us the traditional dining and getting to know your waiter/assistant waiter was something we liked. Anytime dining was more impersonal to us.

Cabin 7272 Empress deck midship. Very nice location. Not noisy. Mongolian grill was open. the food there was wonderful. If you aren't sure what to get, be sure to ask. We did that and that waiters gave us some suggestions which always turned out good. Spring rolls were wonderful. Very hot and crispy. Sur Mer was also good. We had late seating in the Monet. We tried open seating before on a Princess ship and figured out that for us the traditional dining and getting to know your waiter/assistant waiter was something we liked. Anytime dining was more impersonal to us.

That's pretty much why we are going with traditional dining and late seating. Getting to know the waiters is part of the fun.

We enjoyed the Sur Mer last time we were on the Conquest. We're looking forward to trying the Mongolian grill.

One other question. How was the CD?

-peabody304

Chris was great. Very accessible. Always out and around, speaking to people, etc. We participated in the "On Deck for the Cure" 1 mile walk that he started which is now apparently fleet-wide. I'm truly impressed by Carnival's efforts to assist the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Chris was great. Very accessible. Always out and around, speaking to people, etc. We participated in the "On Deck for the Cure" 1 mile walk that he started which is now apparently fleet-wide. I'm truly impressed by Carnival's efforts to assist the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Good to know.

I do have a couple more questions.

Did you eat at The Point?

I usually take a suit for elegant night, but this time I'm seriously thinking about just taking pants and a jacket. What kind of dress did you see on elegant nights?

-peabody304

We did not eat at The Point. Sorry - I've heard good things but no first hand experience. Its gone from "Formal" to "cruise elegant". Plenty of men there in slacks/jackets. Some tuxedo's but not as many. I wore nice cocktail type dress. I think you would be okay with whatever you wanted to wear. Still saw enough long dresses to play "Prom or Bridesmaid?" which usually keeps us entertained through dinner. :rolleyes:

I was on board with you! :D We had a marvelous time! I never managed to stumble across the Mongolian Grill. Didn't even think to locate the Sur Mer until the last sea day. Wish I had gone looking for it sooner because it was very good.

We really wish we could have gone to Cozumel as well. But the extra sea day was nice too. I made sure to relax those last two days so that coming back to work wouldn't be too rough.

We had cabin 7275 on the Conquest on our first ever cruise and loved that location! In fact, we had it again on a later cruise. Then we discovered the aft wraps, and that's where we go now. I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise. Back to reality now!

okay - I'll try to do a review....LOL.

Embarkation - got to the ship around 2:00. Since we had a Cat 11, we got VIP check in which is great. Can't wait until I get 2 more cruises in and can get VIP all the time. We literally were on the ship in 10 minutes, start to finish. No waiting in lines at all.

Food - I like Carnival food. To me they have a nice variety and still keep the "favorites". Bitter and Blanc is mine..LOVE IT. We had the 8:15 seating in the Monet dining room. Ate on the Lido deck for lunches and split it on breakfast. Mongolian grill was really good. I enjoyed it very much.

Shows - I'm not a big show person, so I'm probably not the person to ask. I did like the R rated comedy shows. They were hysterical. Only problem was that they were in the Degas lounge which is much smaller and there was standing room only by the time the show started and people would stand in front of you which was irritating. They did keep telling people that there was a later show but not many people left.

Jamaica - We did Dunns River Falls which is something that should NOT be missed. If you are considering it, PLEASE DO IT. It was so amazing. Beautiful and just stunning. It is physically demanding, but if you are in any kind of shape at all you can do it. just remember water shoes because it is slippery in places. We just didn't go through the straw market and had no problems. We had no problems with people being intimidating or pushy. The people we met were very friendly and helpful. they do want tips, but when you consider this is their livelihood, it is understandable. We were never offered drugs and weren't searched getting back on the ship.

Grand Cayman - Don't miss the snorkeling! I've snorkeled in Belize, Cozumel, Aruba, St. John and probably other places I'm forgetting and this was one of the best. Saw sharks, tons of fish, and squid (which was a first!). Reef there is very different from the other places I've snorkeled, lots of caves. Water was warm and the guides were very knowledgeable.

Disembarkation - UGH - I just hate having to get off the ship. LOL. Not bad though. We did self-disembarkation and were off the ship by 8:30 or so.

Ship was very clean, and this was probably one of the friendliest crews. Hats off to Cruise Director Chris for On Deck for the Cure - one mile walk benefitting the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Don't miss it! $10 donation.

Any more questions? I'll be glad to answer

Which snorkeling excursion did you choose? Was it the 3 reef snorkeling that Carnival sells? I have heard someone else say the same thing about snorkeling in Grand Cayman so Im pretty much sold on this. Thanks.

okay - I'll try to do a review....LOL.

Embarkation - got to the ship around 2:00. Since we had a Cat 11, we got VIP check in which is great. Can't wait until I get 2 more cruises in and can get VIP all the time. We literally were on the ship in 10 minutes, start to finish. No waiting in lines at all.

Food - I like Carnival food. To me they have a nice variety and still keep the "favorites". Bitter and Blanc is mine..LOVE IT. We had the 8:15 seating in the Monet dining room. Ate on the Lido deck for lunches and split it on breakfast. Mongolian grill was really good. I enjoyed it very much.

Shows - I'm not a big show person, so I'm probably not the person to ask. I did like the R rated comedy shows. They were hysterical. Only problem was that they were in the Degas lounge which is much smaller and there was standing room only by the time the show started and people would stand in front of you which was irritating. They did keep telling people that there was a later show but not many people left.

Jamaica - We did Dunns River Falls which is something that should NOT be missed. If you are considering it, PLEASE DO IT. It was so amazing. Beautiful and just stunning. It is physically demanding, but if you are in any kind of shape at all you can do it. just remember water shoes because it is slippery in places. We just didn't go through the straw market and had no problems. We had no problems with people being intimidating or pushy. The people we met were very friendly and helpful. they do want tips, but when you consider this is their livelihood, it is understandable. We were never offered drugs and weren't searched getting back on the ship.

Grand Cayman - Don't miss the snorkeling! I've snorkeled in Belize, Cozumel, Aruba, St. John and probably other places I'm forgetting and this was one of the best. Saw sharks, tons of fish, and squid (which was a first!). Reef there is very different from the other places I've snorkeled, lots of caves. Water was warm and the guides were very knowledgeable.

Disembarkation - UGH - I just hate having to get off the ship. LOL. Not bad though. We did self-disembarkation and were off the ship by 8:30 or so.

Ship was very clean, and this was probably one of the friendliest crews. Hats off to Cruise Director Chris for On Deck for the Cure - one mile walk benefitting the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Don't miss it! $10 donation.

Any more questions? I'll be glad to answer

Do you know how long Chris is set to be on the Conquest? Last summer we got stuck with a "fill-in" CD and she was less than popular.

Wow, were we on the same cruise? I went to where the Mongolian grill was on the deck plan and it was always closed. I asked and was told they had to close it because of the vetilation issues. The chinese place was open, though, and they had spring rolls.

As I mentioned in my review, I thought Chris was perhaps the worse cruise director in my 13 cruises. Oh well, I'm glad you had a pleasant experience.

Maybe I got the Chinese place and the Mongolian grill confused. It was good food though! LOL. We did the Reef and Shipwreck snorkle in Grand Cayman. Wonderful! If you like to snorkel definitely do not miss Cayman. it was amazing. The variety of sea life you see is the biggest difference I noticed.

We just got off this cruise as well. It was great. I have nothing but good things to say about the Conquest. Food was great, service was great, and the people on board was great! Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze. They really do a great job getting everyone on and off the ship. We were worried that we would feel out of place not being from Texas, but the people we met were awesome. I would sail on the Conquest at a drop of a hat. In fact for our next cruise, Im thinking we will go back!:)

Who is the cruise director on there? Any info on aft cabins like 7449 or 7444? Any things we should note to be sure not to miss? How were the shows?

I don't know who the CD is right now, but that could change by September anyway. I'll be back on the Conquest for the 4th time with the CC Crazies group on 9/20.

She is my favorite ship. Things not to miss:

Tea Time in Alfreds on Sea Days

Wine Tasting in the Point

Sushi on the Promenade every evening

Mongolian Grill (love the spring rolls and fried rice)

Deli (love hot pastrami and cheese on rye bread with xtra mustard)

Sur Mer (upstairs from the dessert table in the buffet)

Pizza & Ceasar Salads on the aft Lido by the pool

Art Auction (just for the champagne, and it's fun to look at all the pics)

Go through one of the secret doors to the forward most part of decks 6, 7 & 8. A great place to take pictures when you're coming into port.

I am glad you had a good time. I will be on the Conquest for the 2nd time in November and I can't wait! I hope they get the Mongolian Grill problem fixed. I was really looking forward to that!

I am glad you had a good time. I will be on the Conquest for the 2nd time in November and I can't wait! I hope they get the Mongolian Grill problem fixed. I was really looking forward to that!

Me too! They can't seem to get it together w/the grill; delayed at drydock, now won't vent properly???

I recall ONE positive review of Point and Click; I guess CCL is in no hurry to switch it out w/another show, since it's a pure expense and doesn't generate additional revenue....

Archived