June 13, 2009 Holiday or Not?

Cruising Mom1

I just need to know if June 13, 2009 is an official Bermuda holiday or not so I know which bus schedule to use - #7 leaving Dockyard early morning - going to South Shore beaches... From what I have gathered, it is NOT an official holiday but there will be much going on around Hamilton due to the Tall Ships and the Queens Parade. :cool: Are there stops for Warwick Long Bay and/or Horseshoe Bay beaches or do we need to let the driver know that is where we wish to get off?

June 13th is regular Saturday schedule.

June 15th is the holiday - "National Heroes Day" - can't have the Queen's Birthday anymore, smacks too much of colonialism.

There are stops for Warwick Long Bay and/or Horseshoe Bay beaches but you need to ring the bell for your stop so you'd best just ask the driver to tell you when you are there. The stop for Horseshoe is just past Tio Pepe restaurant.

Could you tell me what happens on "National Heroes day"? What can we expect?

Are there any parades or anything that would be a "must see"

We leave Boston on the 12th and dock on the 14th.

I would love to see some local things to get a feel for what the islanders do/celebrate etc.

also, someone told us about Henry VIII's is this a place we would/could go to at night with teens?

thanks

June 13th is regular Saturday schedule.

June 15th is the holiday - "National Heroes Day" - can't have the Queen's Birthday anymore, smacks too much of colonialism.

There are stops for Warwick Long Bay and/or Horseshoe Bay beaches but you need to ring the bell for your stop so you'd best just ask the driver to tell you when you are there. The stop for Horseshoe is just past Tio Pepe restaurant.

Archived