Denali/Talkeetna Tours

nanc847

Looking for tour suggestions in Denali/Talkeetna. Interest in our group is a flight tour to see Mt McKinley. Research on the Talkeetna Air Taxi company website is available.... any comments on this company, air safety, tour satisfaction would be helpful or suggestions for other operators. Thanks.

Talkeetna Air taxi is a long standing company with great tours. They do glacier landings and scenic McKinley view flights, they do not do summit flights- which is my preference having flown most flights. There can be considerable savings with purchased coupon books. As for Denali Park- plenty to see and do, do your homework and look over their web sight http://www.nps.gov/dena A great deal depends on how you are there??? Cruisetour- your own transportation, shuttle into the park etc etc etc??

Talkeetna Air taxi is a long standing company with great tours. They do glacier landings and scenic McKinley view flights, they do not do summit flights- which is my preference having flown most flights. There can be considerable savings with purchased coupon books. As for Denali Park- plenty to see and do, do your homework and look over their web sight www.nps.gov/dena A great deal depends on how you are there??? Cruisetour- your own transportation, shuttle into the park etc etc etc??

Thanks Budget Queen. On TAT's website was an offer of essentially buy-one get-one valid May-Aug 09...would have been a savings of $265. But when I emailed them they said there was no availability - seems they limit the number of those offers...wish they had said that in their online ad offer. They did say they are offering a 20% discount for the flightseeing w/glacier landing.

Thanks for the web site url. By the way, when you book a flight tour thru the ship (at least on Celebrity) you do not know what company they are using. Is there a way to find that out? Would like to check their record on the website you gave me.

Royal Carribbean has a hellicopter flight seeing from Telkeetna of Mt. McKinley. I tried to search for who might be offering this on my own but all I can find are planes (K2 and Air Taxi) Anybody know who has the choppers?

Thanks Budget Queen. On TAT's website was an offer of essentially buy-one get-one valid May-Aug 09...would have been a savings of $265. But when I emailed them they said there was no availability - seems they limit the number of those offers...wish they had said that in their online ad offer. They did say they are offering a 20% discount for the flightseeing w/glacier landing.

Thanks for the web site url. By the way, when you book a flight tour thru the ship (at least on Celebrity) you do not know what company they are using. Is there a way to find that out? Would like to check their record on the website you gave me.

If you want to do research and check records, I would not be booking through RCI, some reason you don't want to book direct?? I would suggest you also educate yourself on the differences in flightseeing tours and routes.

Archived