flight time home from ft lauderdale

We are going on a 3 night cruise on the Monarch of the Seas and was wondering if I book a 10:15am flight home if that gives us enought time to get to the airport?

Monarch of the Seas sails from Port Canaveral... and you are flying out of Lauderdale are you sure you are not flying from Orlando (where most cruisers will fly into for this sailing) ????

I hope you are in error and sailing on the the Majesty of the Seas from Miami. If not.... there is NO WAY you will make that flight from Port Canaveral to Lauderdale. And even if you are on the Majesty, you will probably not make that flight either. As a rule of thumb, flights should not be booked any earlier than 12 noon or later depending on where your ship embarks/debarks from.

Good luck.

So you're docking in Port Canaveral and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale? ACK! No way you'll make it.

(Although I disagree with travelntreats' comment about flying no earlier than noon, no matter what RCI says...I was off the Majesty at 7:30 and definitely could've made a 10:15 flight out of Miami. But of course everything went smoothly that day...you never know what could happen!)

So you're docking in Port Canaveral and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale? ACK! No way you'll make it.

(Although I disagree with travelntreats' comment about flying no earlier than noon, no matter what RCI says...I was off the Majesty at 7:30 and definitely could've made a 10:15 flight out of Miami. But of course everything went smoothly that day...you never know what could happen!)

You can disagree, but the odds are more in YOUR FAVOR of not missing a flight when scheduled around noonish or later.....I can't count the # of clients that have tried this and either just made their early flights in time or missed them and often followed by a call stating "We should have listened to you" or adding "Can you help us" ! Too risky and stressful to say the least especially if just returning from a GREAT cruise ! :rolleyes:

Archived