Not Again baggage fees go up AA to start

My favorite part of that article is actually the US Airways statement. "US AIRWAYS TO OFFER CONVENIENT ONLINE PAYMENT FOR CHECKING BAGS".. what this actually translates into is that if you don't pay online, they'll slap an extra $5 on you for paying at the airport. :rolleyes: The outrageous bag-checking fee is bad enough; please don't insult our intelligence by billing this as some kind of convenience.

What a crapfest. I used to LOOOOVE flying. Now I can't stand it. Not only do I have to jam everything into a carry-on, I have to deal with the TORTUROUS liquid limits. AAARRRGGHH!!!!

Be carefull with your carry on - there is a weight limit also!!

My favorite part of that article is actually the US Airways statement. "US AIRWAYS TO OFFER CONVENIENT ONLINE PAYMENT FOR CHECKING BAGS".. what this actually translates into is that if you don't pay online, they'll slap an extra $5 on you for paying at the airport. :rolleyes: The outrageous bag-checking fee is bad enough; please don't insult our intelligence by billing this as some kind of convenience.

The service is convenient....for the airline!

Be carefull with your carry on - there is a weight limit also!!

Thankfully they seem to care a little less about that. But on my last American flight, I got ALL THE WAY to the gate and was in line to board and a guy pulled me out and made me put my bag into the little metal thing and it didn't fit. I was SO annoyed because I went to AA's website, got the dimensions, measured my bag, and it was under the maximum.

I was NOT about to check a bag that I had to so carefully pack ridiculous amounts of liquids into. Luckily the thing that made it too tight was the outer pockets. I pulled everything out of those pockets and put it into my big shoulder bag and the guy was able to fit the bag in...it took a bit of a KICK to get it in, but d*mmit, it got in. :)

Of course it fit just fine in the overhead. :p

I read in our local Phoenix paper that traffic at Sky Harbor International is down another 10%. Is it any wonder when instead of treating people like the valued patrons they are they are treated like cattle, herded to and fro.

Problem is people pay the fees no questions asked.

I work for Continental airlines. Our CEO has said more then once he hates the fees and think it should be in the base fare. We drug our feet not wanting to add the fee. We found we actully lost buisness to Delta and Northwest by not having the fee :eek:

How can that be right? People didnt think ahead. Joe Shmo would go to book a ticket from Atlanta to New York. He would look on any of those travel websites. He would see a Delta flight 2 dollars less then the Continental flight. He would book the Delta flight not knowing or reading the fine print to know that the Delta flight would actually cost more when the fees we included.

We drug our feet for 3 months not adding the fees. We saw ZERO upswing in people booking Continental because we had no fees so in the end we had no choice to add the fees to remain competitive.

Sucks i agree....

I normally don't like to fly Southwest Air.....I'm a control freak and like to have my assigned seat. But I'm willing to fly with them now because they don't charge the ridiculous baggage fee. Of course, if Jet Blue is going to my destination, they are my first choice. But their destinations are limited.

Booked through United to go to Vancouver this past May. The flight up was operated by Air Canada and they did not charge us for checked bags. Coming home we were actually on a United flight, so of course we had to pay. That was before they raised it to $20 per bag.

Archived