Something new to start rumors about

I was looking at the new photos posted by "AKer Builder" over at another cruise forum and noticed something off in the one. Check it out:

attachment.php?attachmentid=120657&stc=1&d=1244501741

More specifically this part:attachment.php?attachmentid=120656&stc=1&d=1244501478

It is only on one of the two towers and if you look at any of the other pictures of the sea trial (though from farther away) the object can still be spotted on only one tower so it is not some construction left over. At first I though maybe it was equipment for a possible parasailing since it has that gun looking thing and a big box possibly to store equipment. Then I realized that there does not appear to be any passenger friendly way to get up there so I began thinking. That appears to be able to rotate but in it's current position would be able to shoot something over the viking crown lounge. Could this be a possible firework launcher? Disney already does it but I can't seem to find any information on how they do it. What does everyone else think it is?

987791813_Picture1.jpg.5208a4e5a8b8acb4eeaaf11eb0b8e353.jpg

Ad_3316_13.jpg.jpg.6c0de3d8ecfe3ca60b259d62b64770a1.jpg

Wow, we really need to look at things closer. This item is on the original exterior images released check it out:

attachment.php?attachmentid=120658&stc=1&d=1244502791

attachment.php?attachmentid=120659&stc=1&d=1244502814

I'm not sure why they switched sides though.

I realized that this is actually backed up by a post I made over a year ago:

If you look closely at the new Oasis of the Seas exterior pictures you will notice that a few things don't add up. Take a look at the "Exterior Side Profile" picture. It looks normal but then take a closer look. The "Royal Caribbean International" is written backwards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=82376&stc=1&d=1213840766

If you flip the ship horizontally it appears correctly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=82380&stc=1&d=1213841425

Now look higher up on the ship in that same area. You can easily spot the two basketball backboards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=82377&stc=1&d=1213840862

That seems normal except that when you go back to the fly over from the Central Park reveal video the sports court is shown on the other side of the ship.

attachment.php?attachmentid=82378&stc=1&d=1213840977

What reason could RCCL possibly have for flipping the ship around? What are your guesses on what Royal Caribbean is trying to hide on the other side of the ship? Could that green be another small grassy area like on Solstice's top deck.

I guess they were trying to hide the Aerostat and didn't think people would notice this little gun thing, I guess they were right since it took a year to find.

So since i have seen this post I've been trying to google "firework launchers" to see if that is in fact what it is...and happen to find that disney invented a new way of launching their fireworks "compressed air technology" and they sold the idea or patten to 7 other companies wonder if one of them was RCI? but i couldnt find any pictures to se if its the same thing.. maybe someone else will have better luck. :confused:

They've even got barrage ballons. Were they expecting dive-bombers?

I was looking at the new photos posted by "AKer Builder" over at another cruise forum and noticed something off in the one. Check it out:

attachment.php?attachmentid=120657&stc=1&d=1244501741

More specifically this part:attachment.php?attachmentid=120656&stc=1&d=1244501478

It is only on one of the two towers and if you look at any of the other pictures of the sea trial (though from farther away) the object can still be spotted on only one tower so it is not some construction left over. At first I though maybe it was equipment for a possible parasailing since it has that gun looking thing and a big box possibly to store equipment. Then I realized that there does not appear to be any passenger friendly way to get up there so I began thinking. That appears to be able to rotate but in it's current position would be able to shoot something over the viking crown lounge. Could this be a possible firework launcher? Disney already does it but I can't seem to find any information on how they do it. What does everyone else think it is?

this is pretty crazy. I hope its something cool and not something where we will all sit back and go wow.. i should have thought of that.

I love all the investigations by the enthusiastic Oasis people. Keep up the good work.

From AkerBuilder on another site.

"Sorry to dissapoint you. Fireworks launcher would be a great idea, but it is only "crane ´PALFINGER´" and it will be used for lifting trees and e.t.c. in and out from CP."

CP would be Central Park.

Thanks for asking this question over there DEIx15x8!

EDIT *** OOPS! Too late! Still - Thanks for asking the question!

AWW!!! I feel disappointed! LOL! It was fun investigating though! From firework launcher to a tree crane! LOL:D:confused::eek::o

Mr Fain...is it still too late to add that fireworks launcher? :)

Mr Fain...is it still too late to add that fireworks launcher? :)

Disney added it 5 years after being built so I don't think it will ever be too late. Maybe if the Aerostat is canceled we can all complain until they reinvest that money into fireworks.

Archived