transportation Miami airport to cruiseport

pezgirl43

Hi all, I know that this question has probably been answered before but I cannot find the information. We are planning on taking a taxi from the Miami airport to the cruiseport to sail on Valor. Is this the best way to go and does anyone know the cost? Thanks for all the help!

The cab fare, including tolls (but not the tip) is price fixed at $24 per cab. We took a cab from the airport (MIA) to the port. We had no problems with the service or the ride.

On our return, we decided to try a transportation company that used large, white passenger vans to transport cruise passengers to MIA. KMC was the identification on the outside of the van. - They charge $10 per person.

The details: Originally there were 3 couples, but right before getting in the van, 1 couple left. We waited patiently for quite awhile, and just as we were began to talk about getting out, the driver hops in and starts to drive way. He drove to the end of the far end of the pickup area, pulled over and got out. Again we waited. Just as we start to get up to get out of the van, the driver once again appears and drives away. This time he circled around the pickup area and parked back in the original location and got out! We immediately jumped out as did the other couple. Grabbed our bags and shared a cab to the airport.

I will never, ever, ever, use any shared van service between the Miami port and MIA. We tried it a few years back, and had a very similar experience! Never again!

Which explains why the answer to any transport questions re MIA to /from the port is always, take a cab! It is not expensive and you can share with others to save even more. Fast, convenient and reasonably cost. WHY use a shuttle service?

Sorry, I forgot to say that the ship docks at Port of Miami

Thanks again

There will be many cabs available when you get off the ship. If you share with someone you can save. There are regular car cabs as well as cab VANS which hold 5 or 6. Don't take a shuttle service for that short trip.

If you really want to save money. You can take the Alamo shuttle to the rental car place and get off and take their free shuttle to cruise port. :D

This is what we are doing for our cruise in Sept.

Hi all, I know that this question has probably been answered before but I cannot find the information. We are planning on taking a taxi from the Miami airport to the cruiseport to sail on Valor. Is this the best way to go and does anyone know the cost? Thanks for all the help!

If you really want to save money. You can take the Alamo shuttle to the rental car place and get off and take their free shuttle to cruise port. :D

This is what we are doing for our cruise in Sept.

Not advisable as the shuttle service is for customers of the car rental agencies.

There are paying customers who expect to have a seat on the shuttle that they pay for in the price of their rental. Is it ethical and honest to use a service not intended for you????? Disheartening that someone would recommend others to join in the scam.

But...to each their own. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

We just returned and actually rented a car and were to be on the shuttle. But there was a couple who were not renting a car and just "using" the shuttle. They were confronted when an employee saw what they were doing. He called a cab for them. They were very embarrassed. I think they are really watching for people who are not renting and just riding the shuttle for a free ride.

But there was a couple who were not renting a car and just "using" the shuttle. They were confronted when an employee saw what they were doing. He called a cab for them.

Good. Glad to hear this. There was recently a thread about this where the OP insinuated s/he would do this, without explaining further. S/he was called on it by several members here and became defensive. However, I do understand that message boards are a two-dimensional medium and the written word can sometimes be misinterpreted, but I'm glad you mentioned this and that they are cracking down on people who are being dishonest about rides.

Archived