Isla Pasion by Twister excursion - Carnival Valor

pezgirl43

Yes, we did this in April and we are booked again for June. I'm not a big fan of go fast boats, but this was alot of fun. There were some big waves on the way over and then we arrived in the calm bay by the island. That is where all the Twisting went on. They gave us a few spins, maybe 10, and most everyone had a good time. Then they take you to the island with all you can drink and eat. I wasn't expecting much in the way of food, but it was good. The beach is great and we were lucky that there was hardly anyone else there. There were a couple people who were not happy about all the twisting. There is a bit of a force, it would not be for someone with back problems or who doesn't like boating as the way over was very rough. Of course that part just depends on the weather you get the day you are there. We've been to Cozumel at least a dozen times and this was really a great value and a great time. That's why we want to do it again in June.

Yes, we did this in April and we are booked again for June. I'm not a big fan of go fast boats, but this was alot of fun. There were some big waves on the way over and then we arrived in the calm bay by the island. That is where all the Twisting went on. They gave us a few spins, maybe 10, and most everyone had a good time. Then they take you to the island with all you can drink and eat. I wasn't expecting much in the way of food, but it was good. The beach is great and we were lucky that there was hardly anyone else there. There were a couple people who were not happy about all the twisting. There is a bit of a force, it would not be for someone with back problems or who doesn't like boating as the way over was very rough. Of course that part just depends on the weather you get the day you are there. We've been to Cozumel at least a dozen times and this was really a great value and a great time. That's why we want to do it again in June.

Thanks for all the information. We are considering this, too. How long were you in port - and how long were you able to stay on the island? Since you've been to Cozumel many times, have you ever been to Nachi? As far as comparing the beaches and food, how do they compare? When you got back from the island, did you have time left to do anything else? Thanks for any more info.

• 1 month later...

Just did this excursion. We had a blast! Prepare to get soaking wet. They do put your bags in a dry area under the front of the boat. The boat is great, better than an amusement park ride, for sure! Isla Pasion has vendors - I thought they were overpriced, but no one forces you to buy anything. They also have a photographer & will show you the pics to decide if you want to buy. Buffet had chicken & fish, fruit, salad, rice, chips & guacamole. Drinks included were beer, sex on the beach, margaritas, sodas, water and an Isla Pasion drink. They also had a cash bar - not sure why you would need anything else, but I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not the best judge of that. There are kayaks, paddle boats, loungers & regular chairs & tables with the palapas. There is normally a water trampoline there, but it was being repaired while we were there. There is also a playground for kids & a land trampoline. There are showers & restrooms as well. I think beach time was about 3 hours, maybe a bit longer - of course part of that time is spent eating lunch. Be sure you don't overdo the food & brew - there will be twisting on the way back to the ship as well.

My wife (who doesnt' drink) got sick on the way back. I think it was because we sat in the two little jump seats that face each other up front. On the way out, we sat facing straight forward.

The 180 turns are pretty fun, good G forces. But on those side facing seats, the g forces were way too much for her. Amazing just being turned 90 degrees can have that much of an effect. Lots of other folks that had been drinking to excess were a bit green at the gills.

Great time. We're going back in two weeks and are booking directly thru isla passion and will be getting there by cab, not speed boat.

The beach is great, the food was really good, the shopping wasn't too bad for the wife and the beer was cold.

Just did this excursion. We had a blast! Prepare to get soaking wet. They do put your bags in a dry area under the front of the boat. The boat is great, better than an amusement park ride, for sure! Isla Pasion has vendors - I thought they were overpriced, but no one forces you to buy anything. They also have a photographer & will show you the pics to decide if you want to buy. Buffet had chicken & fish, fruit, salad, rice, chips & guacamole. Drinks included were beer, sex on the beach, margaritas, sodas, water and an Isla Pasion drink. They also had a cash bar - not sure why you would need anything else, but I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not the best judge of that. There are kayaks, paddle boats, loungers & regular chairs & tables with the palapas. There is normally a water trampoline there, but it was being repaired while we were there. There is also a playground for kids & a land trampoline. There are showers & restrooms as well. I think beach time was about 3 hours, maybe a bit longer - of course part of that time is spent eating lunch. Be sure you don't overdo the food & brew - there will be twisting on the way back to the ship as well.

hi, i just found your post and it is making me very interested in this tour. is there snorkeling there and how is it if you know. also do i need to bring my own snorkel gear ( dont have ) or can i rent it there. sorry for all the questions but i really would like to know about this. thanks so much.

Seems like they were renting snorkel gear on the beach. You paid $10 and got $5 back when you returned it. We didn't snorkel. I don't know if there were any fish out there in the swimming area or not. Well, let me rephrase that - I heard some kids talking about some little fish around their legs, but I don't know if there were any reef areas that would have had the different varieties of colorful fish.

Seems like they were renting snorkel gear on the beach. You paid $10 and got $5 back when you returned it. We didn't snorkel. I don't know if there were any fish out there in the swimming area or not. Well, let me rephrase that - I heard some kids talking about some little fish around their legs, but I don't know if there were any reef areas that would have had the different varieties of colorful fish.

thanks for letting me know. i am getting so frustrated deciding what to do in cozumel i am going to cancell my tour to play mia with carnival and just get off the ship and see what jumps out at me. it will be cheaper threw a vendor or going somewhere in a taxi anyway. that will ease up on the cc card as well too not have a tour added too it. now i can relax about a tour :)

• 3 weeks later...

we did this tour. what it is,,is that you are in a boat with harnessess on you like a baby in a car seat,,two steering wheels with each one manned by a hispanic dude not strapped in and standing up. they drive straight and then start to steer left and right to tease you ,,then cut the wheel as hard as they can and do a donut then it stops,,only to start back up and repeat. you get more wet at the back of the boat, we sat at the front of boat facing each other going there and it was wild and didnt get wet,,and facing forward on the way back and it was a little tamer.

dont remember any good snorkeling here,,food and drinks good,,they did have the segways on the beach for rent at the time.

WONDERFUL information. Just what I needed to know for my Nov. 1. Thanks! Did you take a change of clothes?

WONDERFUL information. Just what I needed to know for my Nov. 1. Thanks! Did you take a change of clothes?

No, I had a coverup in my bag & wore that when we came back to the dock. It looks sort of like a dress. The shopping area on Isla Pasion consists of some huts, so you can go in there in your swimwear.

• 3 weeks later...

were the kayaks, trampoline etc. included in the price (we are booking through the ship ccl)

also, while on the boat, is taking photos possible? or too wet to use a camera that's not underwater or waterproof?

massages? prices? what about the segway rentals...any ideas of prices on those?

thanks...we are really excited about this....

were the kayaks, trampoline etc. included in the price (we are booking through the ship ccl)

also, while on the boat, is taking photos possible? or too wet to use a camera that's not underwater or waterproof?

massages? prices? what about the segway rentals...any ideas of prices on those?

thanks...we are really excited about this....

Kayaks, paddle boats and tramoline were included in your price. I took photos on the boat but only using a waterproof camera. You don't want to use a non-waterproof camera. I learned a long time ago what salt water does to a nice camera....let's just say it's not a good mix. It is WAY TOO WET to use a regular camera.

Not sure about the massage prices, I didn't check. I didn't check on the segway prices either. You are going to have a great time!

Kayaks, paddle boats and tramoline were included in your price. I took photos on the boat but only using a waterproof camera. You don't want to use a non-waterproof camera. I learned a long time ago what salt water does to a nice camera....let's just say it's not a good mix. It is WAY TOO WET to use a regular camera.

Not sure about the massage prices, I didn't check. I didn't check on the segway prices either. You are going to have a great time!

thanks for the info.

Archived