Anything Interesting To Do In Livorno?

We have been to Florence and Pisa before so when we stop at Livorno in our upcoming cruise, we plan to visit Lucca instead. However, the Lucca tour is only a half day tour so I wonder if there is anything else worth seeing in Livorno?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

We also too a shuttle to Livorno in the afternoon after morning tours. Frankly, there is not much there. You get dropped off about a block from the center of the city near the church. There are shops near by. We did have wonderful Cannoli's in a bakery across from the church. Luckily we did not ahve to pay for the shuttle. It was free that day.

We have been to Florence and Pisa before so when we stop at Livorno in our upcoming cruise, we plan to visit Lucca instead. However, the Lucca tour is only a half day tour so I wonder if there is anything else worth seeing in Livorno?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Go to Lucca on your own on the train. It is very easy and you'll spend a lot less money than you would on a tour. Lucca is a lovely town and very easy to get around.

I have to agree with prevous posts that there is not much in Livorno. I lived less than 12kms north of there for 3 years.

Archived