Formal dinners

paul436

I will be sailing on the Triumph to Canada from NYC on 8/29. It's my second cruise. My first was 17 years ago. I was wondering about formal dining. My cruise is a 5 day cruise with 2 stop-overs in Canada. I was wondering how many nights should I expect to have formal dining?

spacer.gifFor cruises with one formal night, the formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise, with schedules permitting. For cruises with two formal nights, the first formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise; the second formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, with schedules permitting.

1-day cruise: no formal nights

2-day cruise: one formal night

3-day cruise: one formal night

4-day cruise: one formal night

5-day cruise: one formal night

6-day cruise: two formal nights

7-day cruise: two formal nights

8-day cruise: two formal nights

9-day cruise: two formal nights

10-day cruise: two formal nights

11-day cruise: two formal nights

12-day cruise: two formal nights

13-day cruise: two formal nights

14-day cruise: two formal nights

16-day cruise: two formal nights

17-day cruise: two formal nights

Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll pack for 2 formal nights just in case. With a short stay I was hoping to keep the packing to a minimum.

Can I skip one of the formal nights and eat somewhere else on board? Or can the kids skip one (or both)?

I went to the second one anyway. With the new "elegant" dress code, a dress shirt and pants would be acceptable to them anyway. You have to decide if it's acceptable to you.

But there is always alternative dining up on the Lido deck.

There's also always the possibility that they will only offer one. Check the returning cruisers for some current input, or maybe they'll show up here.

Enjoy!

I can't picture my kids wanting to dress up 2 nights out of 5 for dinner while on vacation...or anywhere. :D So I guess it will be off to the Lido deck for them.

Is the new "elegant" dress different? Slacks and shirt ... and no tie and jacket? I feel like I would be under dressed.

I can't picture my kids wanting to dress up 2 nights out of 5 for dinner while on vacation...or anywhere. :D So I guess it will be off to the Lido deck for them.

Is the new "elegant" dress different? Slacks and shirt ... and no tie and jacket? I feel like I would be under dressed.

Yes, they just downgraded the minimum of whats suggested, but many say it's still in minority. Being they still do suggest a sports jacket. I would still probably wear one. I would see what the prevalent dress is, and fit in there.

Here's the official dress code.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

I will at least go with the sport coat. If people are wearing tuxedos and such I would feel very out of place. If I don't feel like dressing up I can always join the kids (and probably my Dad too) on the Lido deck.

Archived