I did change dining time

GAMOM4

I hope you get what you want, but Inspiration is not scheduled for Anytime dining until 2010.

There have been quite a few posts recently from cruisers who were told by their PVP or TA or Carnival that Anytime dining was available for their sailing, but when they got on the ship it was not available.

I don't know why some of the TA's and PVP's are so confused about this. They are giving people wrong information, which leads to disappointed cruisers.

I sincerely hope you get to have the Anytime Dining, but I just want you to be prepared in case it does not happen. Good luck. :)

It was actually on the website that I saw the anytime dining. My PVP answered me back this morning and just suggested eating from the buffet. It is showing up as an option under the dining for the Inspiration - I went in and logged onto my reservation - and checked the box and hit submit and now it is showing up on the front page of my reservation the anytime dining (confirmed). So we'll see when we get on board - maybe they have decided to test it early or something.

I'm going on the Inspiration on Aug 24th and I'm signed up for anytime dining and it's confirmed as well. I am trying this for first time as well. PVP talked me into it. I prefer to eat early so I if they messed up on the anytime thing I will be dissapointed in going late because I don't sleep well with a full stomach. LOL! If it is a booboo it isn't the PVP's fault it's whoever entered the info onto the site.

Will you guys be sure and post when you get back and let us know if you got the Anytime dining? Maybe you're right....they might be testing or just implementing it earlier than scheduled.

OP, don't eat in the buffet for dinner every night! :eek: I can't believe your PVP would suggest that. The dining room has things you can't get in the buffet and IMO is a much nicer dining experience. We love the dining room! :)

I do think that they must be just beginning to test it on the Inspiration toward the end of June. And we aren't going to eat buffet every night - because it is nice to be served. And I will be sure to post details! Now we have just got to try and find something to do in Cozumel since they have started docking in Mexico again!

I like the dining experience as well and I think I won't gain as much weight if I do the dining mostly. Last time I did both but mostly buffet because DH doesn't like the fancyness of it all (weird I know) I think he just felt out of place but I couldn't figure it when no one at other tables were paying any mind to us nor we them. So I gained too much because of the buffets and my mindless eating. So I hope this anytime dining is correct. But I won't worry too much over it.

I do think that they must be just beginning to test it on the Inspiration toward the end of June. And we aren't going to eat buffet every night - because it is nice to be served. And I will be sure to post details! Now we have just got to try and find something to do in Cozumel since they have started docking in Mexico again!

If you like beach days, Paradise Beach in Cozumel is a fun beach day! Just take a taxi there and enjoy. :)

We just returned from the Paradise and had Anytime dining. It worked well for us. The dining room opened at 6:00, we went around 6:15 and were seated immediately. When we finished dinner (it took about an hour) the dining room was just begining to fill up. Our servers told us that the busiest time was between 6:45 and 8:00.

Did you sit close to the same table each night? Did you feel like you missed any of the dining "experience" by doing the anytime dining?

I have heard that Paradise Beach was a good one - do you take your own towels? Do you have to walk far to be in the town part of the island? I guess as a first time visitor there we are just not sure. I have read the Cozumel board and have read about the different beaches.:confused:

You do take your own towels to Paradise Beach. They have lounge chairs with umbrellas that you can use as long as you spend about $10 per person, and their food and drinks are great. A waiter will bring food/drinks to your lounger all day for you. There are water toys that you can play on for a flat fee for the day (I think it's about $10).

There are quite a few shops right as you get off the ship, at the end of the pier. We did not actually go into the town, though. I don't know how far it is.

Did you sit close to the same table each night? Did you feel like you missed any of the dining "experience" by doing the anytime dining?

I have heard that Paradise Beach was a good one - do you take your own towels? Do you have to walk far to be in the town part of the island? I guess as a first time visitor there we are just not sure. I have read the Cozumel board and have read about the different beaches.:confused:

We had anytime last month on the Elation. We had the same wait staff, same table every time, by request. We didnt feel rushed at al and we personally felt it was a better dining experience.

We changed to Anytime for our Elation cruise in Aug and will change our Spirit cruise to Anytime for NYE.

Thanks everyone for the input. We are scheduled for early dining on our next cruise, the Spirit on 9/16/09. We have decided that may be the perfect time to try anytime dining. It will be just DH & I so no traveling companions to consider. We thought we would check out our assigned table on the first night. If we like our dining companions and wait staff, we will probably just stay in our assigned spot. If we are so-so about either or both, then we will switch to anytime. Does anyone know how easy it will be to switch, once we are onboard?

Thanks everyone for the input. We are scheduled for early dining on our next cruise, the Spirit on 9/16/09. We have decided that may be the perfect time to try anytime dining. It will be just DH & I so no traveling companions to consider. We thought we would check out our assigned table on the first night. If we like our dining companions and wait staff, we will probably just stay in our assigned spot. If we are so-so about either or both, then we will switch to anytime. Does anyone know how easy it will be to switch, once we are onboard?

I know with Anytime, there are a certain number of allocated spots per cruise. When I called my PVP to change to Anytime for my next 2 cruises she said "Ok, there are XX number of spots open so yes you can change".

Before you get on the ship, ask you PVP to check to see if there are any openings....at least you will know what your chances are. If there arent any, still try if you want to change as maybe there were no shows, or someone switched from Anytime to assigned.

• 5 months later...

Talking with Carnival Agent today she says the Triumph will be implementing "Anytime Dining" 1/28/10.

I thought you'd like to know. Too late for our cruise but it will help others booking later I think.:)

Archived