Travel Agent charging the traveller?

100% right on.

What OP didn't say and everyone is assuming is what services were provided by the TA. If they booked 5 airline tickets along with a cruise for 5, that could just be a high price per air ticket and totally legit.

It is funny to see how folks assume the only service provided was just booking the cruise and nothing else.

Cruisinfanatic is right in that even the Credit Card company will tell you that you must first try to resolve the dispute directly with the vendor before they will handle a dispute.

Weeellllll.......this is a cruise board, so it's not a huge leap of imagination to think the OP was indeed referring to a fee for booking a cruise.

I did advise the OP to talk to the MANAGER of the travel agency first.

To our UK posters: it is not the norm in the US to pay a fee to a travel agent to book a cruise. Therefore, I don't think this is a weird thread at all: the OP wanted to know our experiences and ideas.

I like the idea, too, of asking the travel agency MANAGER to apply the $125 to the cost of the cruise (and, yes, I am assuming a cruise was booked).

\

Nothing like spending 3 days researching cruises for a client, tell them what you found and for what price and then the next day they go on line with the Cruise line and book.:eek:

Think that is bad? Try real estate. :cool:

Weeellllll.......this is a cruise board, so it's not a huge leap of imagination to think the OP was indeed referring to a fee for booking a cruise.

No need for sarcasm here...I'm sure many many people who use TA also have them book airline tickets for their cruise. Just so happens this OP lives within driving distance of port.

No need for sarcasm here...I'm sure many many people who use TA also have them book airline tickets for their cruise. Just so happens this OP lives within driving distance of port.

I'm not being sarcastic...........that's the way I write! I have a degree in English, so sometimes my prose comes across that way.

Archived