Air Olympic

vjm

Anyone every fly with Olympic Air ? My family is flying direct out of Montreal to Athens this fall then cruising with Holland for 14 days. Just curious on anyones thoughts

Thanks Vicki

OK, so this is going back about 7 years but...keep your expectations low. Did London to Chania, via Athens and it was distinctly average. Plane delayed, slow service with a bizarre reluctance to supply drinks (non-alcoholic, I would add). They've been through a rough old time over the past few years, financially speaking, and it probably shows.

I flew with them in 2007 from Johannesburg to Athens. I agree with the previous poster. It was different then any other airline I've flown. The idea of personal space is very different. I was sleeping with my seat reclined and I woke up to the attendant leaning over me putting it up because it was dinner time (the recline button was between the seats). Needless to say I was a bit startled (especially since she was speaking very firmly to me in Greek). The plane was old looking and the level of cleanliness was very low. But they got me where I needed to go for the best price so it was worth it.

This probably is better suited to the cruise air board.

It is not unusual for an FA to put your seat up during meal service; often it is impossible for the person behind you to put their tray table down if your seat is fully reclined.

I've never flown them; they get very mixed reviews.

Archived