Cruising with our 9-month old -- any advice?

laurie929

We are cruising as a family to Alaska on the NCL Star and we will be bringing our 9 month old.

Is there a time she can use the children's play area with us? Is there anything appropriate for her?

I use warm water to mix her formula - will I be able to get this on the ship or should I pack ready to feed formula? Is there any food that is baby friendly on the ship or shall I pack baby food?

Are there any exercusions that she can do and not be too in the way or disruptive to others?

Are there kid books in the library?

I will take any advice!!!

Thank you in advance for your help!

We are cruising as a family to Alaska on the NCL Star and we will be bringing our 9 month old.

Is there a time she can use the children's play area with us? Is there anything appropriate for her?

I use warm water to mix her formula - will I be able to get this on the ship or should I pack ready to feed formula? Is there any food that is baby friendly on the ship or shall I pack baby food?

Are there any exercusions that she can do and not be too in the way or disruptive to others?

Are there kid books in the library?

I will take any advice!!!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey there-

Congrats on your upcoming family cruise. You'll have a blast!!! Have never sailed on NCL but here's what I know from experience of cruising with a little one.

We brought a small travel thermos with us when our daughter was still using formula. Get hot water from the buffet area/dining room and it stayed hot all night and then you don't have to worry about room service coming 1st thing in the a.m. You can also just call room service and ask for the hot water as well but we didn't want that disruption at 6:00am when our then 9 mo old ALWAYS woke up.

Royal Carribean had a play time for infants. It was for a approx 45 min - 1 hour. Depending what was going on, sometimes we went and sometimes not.

Your little one will have plenty to do and be amazed at with the new scenery and the staff paying extra special attention to her (this was always our experience).

Usually the shore excursions listed show an activity level and age requirement if there is one. If we did do a shore excursion, we made sure it was first thing in the morning and didn't take 1/2 day so it wouldn't interfere w/ lunch or nap time. Sometimes I would go and hubby would stay back or vise versa....hope this helped

Brenda

When my son was younger and we went on cruises, I would carry on my own bottled water to mix with his formula. He never really took to the ready made formula. You can also buy bottled water on board, but I just liked having my own supply. Now that he is older, I feed him ship water, but I didn't think it was a good idea for an infant.

Archived