Dress code on Celebrity?

dolphingirl47

I have done two cruises a piece on Disney Cruise Line and NCL (Freestyle is not really our thing). At the moment I am trying to figure out if I can squeeze another cruise in this year. Celebrity seems a good option. I just wonder what the dress code is like during the day as well as the evening?

Corinna

Just spend a few minutes looking at the many, many threads on this board about the dress code. It's been written about so many times. Also go to the Celebrity website and type dress code in the search box.

http://www.celebritycruises.com

During the day it's casual with shorts, t shirts and bathing suits, at night there's formal with tuxes, dark suits, fancy dresses or pantsuits, or casual with slacks and tops.

I just had a look at the link above. Do they really not allow t shirts at any time of the day? I am fine dressing up for dinner and in fact I really love it. One half of my closet holds two evening gowns and too many cocktail dresses to count, but during the day around the ship when I go from one activity to the next, I often wear t shirts.

Corinna

I just had a look at the link above. Do they really not allow t shirts at any time of the day? I am fine dressing up for dinner and in fact I really love it. One half of my closet holds two evening gowns and too many cocktail dresses to count, but during the day around the ship when I go from one activity to the next, I often wear t shirts.

Corinna

T shirts are not allowed in the main dining room at any time but are OK just about everywhere else during the day, including the buffet.

Corinna

Have no fear. T-shirts are only prohibited in the main and specialty restaurants. You may certainly wear them around the ship during the day.

Dave

T shirts are not allowed in the main dining room at any time but are OK just about everywhere else during the day, including the buffet.

Have no fear. T-shirts are only prohibited in the main and specialty restaurants. You may certainly wear them around the ship during the day.

Dave

Thanks again. I can live with this quite happily. The way it was worded had me all worried.

Corinna

You can most certainly can wear t-shirts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, just not at dinner. I just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Infinity and wore t-shirts and shorts in the main dining room for both breakfast and lunch.

Same as Disney would be, casual, comfy resort wear during the day and a nice dinner outfit...ie: slacks, shirt, skirt, sundress with dressy sandles, etc...in the evening and for dinner, shows...except for formal nights, then ya dress it up. X is pretty cocnsistent in the code on formal nights, that's one of the many things that make them special...:)

Well, I am not too sure about this. The official information and what I read here does not really match up. In my experience corporate often has no clue what is going on on the ships. Here is what Celebrity says on their website:

What are the onboard dress codes?

Subject: Dress Code

You will need three types of clothing on your Celebrity cruise: casual shipboard attire or day wear, conservative port wear and eveningwear.

Daywear includes slacks or pants, blouses or shirts, knit tops or polo shirts. Bring a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports and a swimsuit cover-up for cool areas on the ship.

Port wear for women includes a casual dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit; for men, casual pants or walking shorts, and polo-type shirts. Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

Also, remember to bring extra bathing suits, as well as sun block, sun visors and other types of sun protection.

Nowhere in this part does it mention t shirts, yet people have been telling me that during the day t shirts are perfectly acceptable. The jury seems to be out on whether or not they are acceptable for breakfast or lunch in the dining rooms. As they break down different categories of shirt, one think they would mention t shirts as well.

Evening wear on the website matches up with what I read here and what I expected:

Examples of "Smart Casual and Above" and "Formal" attire include:

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

Corinna

You can most certainly can wear t-shirts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, just not at dinner. I just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Infinity and wore t-shirts and shorts in the main dining room for both breakfast and lunch.

Same as Disney would be, casual, comfy resort wear during the day and a nice dinner outfit...ie: slacks, shirt, skirt, sundress with dressy sandles, etc...in the evening and for dinner, shows...except for formal nights, then ya dress it up. X is pretty cocnsistent in the code on formal nights, that's one of the many things that make them special...:)

Thanks for your replies.

Corinna

Just did my third Celebrity to Alaska and though I still love a good dress up (and do) neat neat shirts are still allowed in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch!

Have a ball, been on lots on cruises Celebrity is by far our fave!

Archived