Pandemic (level 6)

world~citizen

oh no! level 6 that means i must lock mall my doors ,close all windows, and go go into isolation.i find it hard to believe how easily people fall for media hype when there are no other major news storys such as the global financial meltdown,global climate change or air disasters. relax and enjoy life!:)

oh no! level 6 that means i must lock mall my doors ,close all windows, and go go into isolation.i find it hard to believe how easily people fall for media hype when there are no other major news storys such as the global financial meltdown,global climate change or air disasters. relax and enjoy life!:)

molfetta,

I agree with you 100%!

From WHO: To date, more than 74 countries have been affected by the H1N1 virus. More than 28,000 people have contracted the disease, and 144 have died from it, resulting in a mortality rate of 0.5%. Most instances of the disease have been mild. Often, hospitalization is not required, and victims experience symptoms similar to seasonal influenza (fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue).

Where is all the hype for the 26,000 or so who die yearly from the "regular flu?" That's 144 deaths WORLDWIDE....certainly not going to stop me from traveling. Wash your hands, wash your hands!

WHO and CDC are not expected to issue any travel advisories or restrictions. Level 6 - especially with how few people really have been affected and the overall severity of most cases - *yawn*

We were on Journey in May for the Athens-Rome itinerary, and one of the scheduled ports was Sorrento. Instead of being allowed ashore at 8:30am, we were not allowed to leave the ship until about 11am. We were told that there were some passengers on board who were ill, and the Italian authorities would not let anyone leave the ship until the ill passengers were examined by Italian doctors to rule out swine flu. We were eventually allowed to leave, but it disrupted many of the tours, especially for those passengers who had booked private excursions.

Archived