New web site for hal

SHERGIB

Is anyone else unable to use the new HAL web site ? I can not get on the booked passenger site to check to see if we have a cabin #. I can't even email them to explain the problem. Every thing is the right side of the page and will not move over. Maybe it's just me but I have used the site for years with no problem.

Are you using a Mac and/or Safari? I've read that there are some problems with them using the HAL site now.

YXU AC*SE says:

Sorry to report, but it has major rendering issues for Mac OS X (v10.5.7) customers running the Safari 4.0 public beta (build 5528.17)

But RevNeal says the latest Firefox for MAC works well.

In any case, no, I'm not having problems like that.

I am unable to get into the online gifts signon page. Am able to sign on to my account, but the "user name" field, which is supposed to accept 15 characters, will only accept 13 in the signon page. I wrote HAL tech support about this problem, got a useless reply that explained how I sign on. I again explained the problem, and have not gotten a response.

For those replying -- It would help if those who were reporting both successes and failures would report also what OS (WinXP, Vista, OS-X, Linux) and what browser (IE7, IE8, Firefox 2.18, Firefox 3.0, Safari, Opera). Each combination has its own quirks and would need to be addressed differently.

Rich

For those replying -- It would help if those who were reporting both successes and failures would report also what OS (WinXP, Vista, OS-X, Linux) and what browser (IE7, IE8, Firefox 2.18, Firefox 3.0, Safari, Opera). Each combination has its own quirks and would need to be addressed differently.

Rich

Okay: with Win XP Pro 2002 SP3, for me IE 8.0.6001.18702IC and Firefox 3.0.10 work fine, but Safari 3.2.3 (525.29) gives many erroneous placement of elements ... usually partially shoved off to the left side! :)

Okay: with Win XP Pro 2002 SP3, for me IE 8.0.6001.18702IC and Firefox 3.0.10 work fine, but Safari 3.2.3 (525.29) gives many erroneous placement of elements ... usually partially shoved off to the left side! :)

Mine is also shoved off to the left. I am able to book tours with no problem as I booked a Panama City tour yesterday. It's just anything where I have to go all the way to the left. I have Windows and Adobe. I'm moy very computer savvy so this is a problem. Sherrie

Mine is also shoved off to the left. I am able to book tours with no problem as I booked a Panama City tour yesterday. It's just anything where I have to go all the way to the left. I have Windows and Adobe. I'm moy very computer savvy so this is a problem. Sherrie

From John's post (jtl513) it seems that you might be using Safari as your browser. While in general it is safer for you to do this, in this case there seems to be a problem. If you would, when surfing the net go to help -- about on your tool bar and report what it tells you. Also based on what John said, since you use Windows you should have a copy of Internet Explorer (big 'E' with circle icon). Try that and see what happens. Worst case is that you could download Firefox 3.0 (http://www.mozilla.com) and that works for John on Windows and me on Linux

Rich

Archived