Molokini Snorkel - which boat? Maui/Hawaii

walkabout07

Which boat/trip is best for a morning Molokini Snorkel excursion in September? We will arrive in Lahaina, Maui on the Rhapsody of the Seas. If you have done any Molokini snorkel boat trips - I hope you will share your experience so we can compare trips. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, We just did the Molokini dive trip with Lahaina Divers. We were 2 divers and Grandma went along to snorkel. They were wonderful. John was our divemaster and his wife worked as best she could to get Grandma snorkeling. They made a DVD for us. We saw a beautiful 15ft. plus Manta ray (and loads of other sea life & creatures). We took them a bottle of wine on our way out of town (we enjoyed them that much). I will use them again. We are in Oahu right now and the water is rough over here. Diving was fine (mainly wrecks). (using Ocean Concepts). Excellent facility as well. Enjoy your diving in Maui, there are many Dive outfits. Lahaina Divers uses their own boats. They feed you well and they have a wonderful sense of humor and are a professional outfit. Happy Diving!!! ~Travelbugs

We were staying in Maui and used Lahaina Divers for Molokini DIve. Thet are very professional, nice boats and have excellent equipment if you need any. We did a drift dive at Molokini, because there were whales and dolphins in the area. They were also very reponsive to emails before our trip and we had everything set up before we got there.

it has to be trilogy all the way - if it fits with your schedule. they are head and shoulders above the other companies in Maui - I made the mistake of first going to Molokini with another company and really regretted it - but have already bought my ticket for a return with trilogy in december.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if they are still around, but about 3 years ago we used a boat called the Leilani. It is smaller than the other boats, but that also means a lot less people--

It was really good--

In June we did the ship excursion with the Pacific Whale Foundation. It was quite crowded, but the transportation to the marina was covered by the excursion price, and the naturalists onboard the Foundation's boat were wonderful about their pre-snorkel discussions, lessons, and how-tos, not to mention ensuring everyone knew to be careful of the reefs. Food and drinks were provided - alcohol after the snorkel. They also rented wet suit shirts because the water was quite cold.:eek:

They provided reef and fish friendly suntan lotion free so we wouldn't hurt the fish or reef. They also had fish identification posters and took us to Molokini Crater and to a turtle farm area to snorkel. Very enjoyable even with the large group. Pictures are on my main webshots albums page of just the snorkel.

We used Pacific Whale Foundation and they were wonderful and way less expensive thatn other operators. The guides were young and extremely knowledgable. They got in the wate with you and took you around and pointed out different fish. It was an nice long day with good food and drink. I would definitely give 2 thumbs up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived