Monarch question

I have a couple quick questions regarding the Monarch. On the RC website it lists that the outside rooms on deck 8 have obstructed views. Is this where the lifeboats are? Can you see anything out the windows or is it not even worth booking these rooms?

Also, can you please tell me what the down payment amt is on the 4 night cruises? I looked online but must have missed it because I cannot find the answer.

Thanks for your help!

I have a couple quick questions regarding the Monarch. On the RC website it lists that the outside rooms on deck 8 have obstructed views. Is this where the lifeboats are? Can you see anything out the windows or is it not even worth booking these rooms?

Also, can you please tell me what the down payment amt is on the 4 night cruises? I looked online but must have missed it because I cannot find the answer.

Thanks for your help!

Downpayment is $100 per passenger.

Some Deck 8 cabins are not obstructed. There's a thread on this topic right now............I'll go get it for you. ;)

Here you go: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1001862

Everything you want to know is there: pictures, deck plans, descriptions. :)

The 8th deck obstructed view rooms can be a really good deal and yes, the obstruction is lifeboats...

These cabins can be a really good deal if the view is not important to you and you just want a window for natural light... the obstructed view doesn't mean you can't see ANYTHING but you may have to move around a bit to get a good look.

At certain times, I have seen these cabins priced about the same as an inside... again, what makes it a value is the window that allows in some natural light... some people don't like the "closet" feeling of an inside.

If having a good, clear view is important to you - go ahead and spend the extra for a regular OV.

Deposit amount for a 4 nighter is $100pp.

We just sailed Monarch in March and really enjoyed the ship... doesn't have the bells and whistles of the newer ships (no Chops, Portofino, etc) but we had a great cruise...

Thank you both for your help.

I kinda figured that those cabins were not good for the view, but at least let some light in so you don't feel like you are in a cave.

Appreciate the quick answers!

We are looking to book a cruise in October for our 3rd anniversary!! Would love to do Freedom, but the 4 night is the most affordable for us right now.

Merion_Mom- Thanks so much for that link. It is wonderful!!

My husband and I were very spoiled with a balcony on Mariner and are having a hard time realizing we won't have that! We will certainly miss the evenings out on the balcony, but not enough to justify spending the money for a suite on the Monarch.

I wonder how noisy the rooms next to the elevator are?

Thanks again for the response. I knew you all would have the answer to my questions!

We have pics of our obstructed view ocean view stateroom on Monarch if you'd like to take a look. The link the the album is in my signature below. Our cabin was on the 9th deck but, it will give you an idea of how the lifeboats are going to line up for staterooms on the 8th deck.

Merion_Mom- Thanks so much for that link. It is wonderful!!

My husband and I were very spoiled with a balcony on Mariner and are having a hard time realizing we won't have that! We will certainly miss the evenings out on the balcony, but not enough to justify spending the money for a suite on the Monarch.

I wonder how noisy the rooms next to the elevator are?

Thanks again for the response. I knew you all would have the answer to my questions!

The closest I have been is TWO doors from the elevator.

Noise was not a problem...........unless *we* were someone else's problem! :D ;)

The closest I have been is TWO doors from the elevator.

Noise was not a problem...........unless *we* were someone else's problem! :D ;)

Had a cabin right next to the elevator in Feb. and it was very quiet; it seemed the elevator bell was turned off most of the time:D

We always book Cabin 8540 - 2 from the elevator and we never hear any noise. The obstruction is also not to bad from 8538 and 8540. But like others have said, it is more for light than anything else. I think Deck 8 is the best kept secret b/c the rates are usually lower b/c of the "obstructed" view, but in reality, they are not bad at all.

Had a cabin right next to the elevator in Feb. and it was very quiet; it seemed the elevator bell was turned off most of the time:D

Oh that's GREAT to hear ;)...We are in 1050, right next to the elevator too, in Sept...I was kind of worried about that. Glad I stumbled upon your post:DThanks!!

I agree, Karena1, deck 8 is great! We just stayed in room 8550. The view was fine and the room was so quiet. I was worried when I booked it, especially since the disco is on the same floor.

Archived