Royal Swim and PB

sigafoos

We have the kids scheduled for the Royal Swim with the dophins at 2:00pm. We are on the Navigator scheduled to be in Cozumel 10-7. I believe the Navigator stays on Eastern time so really our time in Cozumel is 9-6. We plan on going to Paradise beach first thing in the morning, staying a few hours and then leaving about 1 for the dolphin swim and then after if there is time shop for a bit in town. Does this sound possible? How long does it take for the royal swim, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Kim

We were on the Royal swim with dolphins last year. From the time we got to the park until we were done swimming and watching a video of the swim it was probably 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The park is only about 5 to 10 minutes from the pier so you should have plenty of time to enjoy the swim, watch the video, purchase pictures or a video of your swim and return to the ship.

My wife enjoyed the dolphin swim more than any excursion (we have been on 10 cruises) we have done in the past and I would have to agree.

Enjoy your trip.

msts

I am doing the Royal Swim next week with my daughters and am also going to Paradise Beach first. We will be in port from 9 am to 7 pm with a 2 pm swim. After the swim, I hope to head into town to visit Carlos and Charlies (after dropping daughters at ship to visit Adventure Ocean program). I think it's doable. I will let you know the result when I return.

The Royal Swim lasts approx 1 hour ~ 15-20 minute video intro to dolphins then about 30 minutes or so in the water with the dolphins. The video is usually ready as are the pictures as soon as you finish the activity. They will show the video immediately after you get out from the swim...it's your choice to stay and watch it or buy it- ( I can never resist - I have like 3 now- Encounter/ Royal Swim and Sea Lion Swim) and the dolphin boutique where you buy the videos accepts credit cards. One tip- if you do decide to buy pics- ask for a discount if you buy more than one~ I've never been turned down!!

Coz . . . how did you like your swim with the Sea Lions? I did the Dolphin Royal Swim in 2003 and can't wait to do it again in April. This time, I'd also like to do the Sea Lion Swim but I haven't read anything from anyone that has done it. Please tell me . . . how was it?

ladycaveat - I really enjoyed the Sea Lion Swim. It's like a comedy skit where the trainer talks and the Sea Lion reacts so it's entertaining. We also got in the water with the Sea Lion and were able to cradle it and then you hold hands with another participant as it jumps out of the water and over your arms. I really love the dolphin activities and didn't think I would like it but ended up being very entertained. With the packages that are offered now, you can add the sea lion swim, show and the park entrance for just a little more than it costs for just 1 dolphin activity. The dolphin and sea lion activities are an experience that really few people have the opportunity to enjoy and that makes it even more special.

Archived