Meet and Greet Questions

endymion6942

Hi all,

I will be crusing with NCL for the first time in a while.

Our CC Roll Call for the Jewel is working on a Meet and Greet.

I have been to a few Meet and Mingles on RCL. Can anyone tell me about NCL's Meet and Greet. Are they the same as RCL Meet and Mingles?

Many thanks,

Scott

Never been to an RCCL M&M. But, several NCL M&G. Typically, several officers will come by (Hotel Director, Food & Beverage Mgr, Cruise Director, possibly Staff Captain, etc.) and introduce themselves and give a small presentation about the ship. NCL usually provides some refreshments (danish, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, etc.). It's a very nice setup. And, they reserve an area just for you (on the Dawn it's usually in the Star Bar).

Enjoy!

Hi all,

I will be crusing with NCL for the first time in a while.

Our CC Roll Call for the Jewel is working on a Meet and Greet.

I have been to a few Meet and Mingles on RCL. Can anyone tell me about NCL's Meet and Greet. Are they the same as RCL Meet and Mingles?

Many thanks,

Scott

Very similar. We have been to them on both lines. The captain attended two out of three of our NCL Meet & Greets but not for our RCCL one. Sometimes there are scheduling conflicts so the captain can'r attend. Usually the hotel director will be present and perhaps a few other officers and the cruise director. NCL will provide coffee, tea, juice and cookies for free if you have 20 or more folks signed up to attend. In order to set up an NCL Meet & Greet someone needs to contact the Event coordinator for your ship by email about six weeks or so before your sailing to provide the number interested and then he or she will get back to you with a date, time and location for the Meet & Greet. Typically it will be set up for about 11 AM on the first Sea Day and the venue will vary according to the size of your group. It is good for someone to a keep list of interested participants. Also you can have folks bring their own nametags from home or someone can bring the sticky type and a sharpie. If there are no sea days (like on the POA in Hawaii), then it will be after the lifeboat drill on enbarkation day.

We have been on RCCI, Canival, Princess and NCL have gone to all CC meet and greets and found that NCL was the only line that sent officers or provided any type of snack or beverage. They all supplied an area and a bartender for cash bar, but no snack or non alcoholic beverages on any other line. On our cruise with the Dawn, they offered a sign up to possibly be chosen to dine with senior staff and a few of us were chosen which was very nice.

Have a good time and meet some great people!

Jo-Anne

How do you start a meet and greet? We're sailing on 7/24/09 on the Spirit out of boston and I would like to attend one. :o

Have you checked your sail date message board, someone may have already arranged that since sailaway is 6 weeks away. You can contact group event coordinator for the Spirit.

Sue.. I went to your roll call thread and was delighted to see that you headed that up!

Firstly, ask the folks on the roll call thread if they're interested in a M&G. If so, let them know you'd take care of the details.

Details: Email groupeventspirit@ncl.com with "Meet & Greet 7/24/09" in the subject line. The coordinator will email you back. They will guide you.

They contact the ship. Normally it's on the first sea day around 11 or noon. You can make name tags, or play a game, or exchange gifts, whatever you like. There are no set rules. Just do what your roll call folks want to do. The ship will "normally" provide danish and coffee.

You'll be the contact person now, and on the ship.

HTH!

Angie

Edit to Add: Jinx, Clinky.. you owe me a coke... when you get back, of course. ;)

When the GF and I was on the Gem 04/09 the staff asked if there was any problems or concens since they wanted to hear about it while you are on the cruise and attempt to correct the problem instead of reading or hearing about on how bad your cruise was after the fact.

A couple of people brought up the fac that there was over 900 children on our cruise and they would not stay out of the adult's pool.

The staff corrected the fact that there was ony 800 children on board and that extra staff would be assigned to the pool area to keep children out of the adult pool.

We/I did go pass the adult pool area and did not see any children in the adult pool section and extra staff in the area.

So the staff does listen to you

Archived